Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals vs. Browns 2.0 and Mike Brown
(10-23-2020, 05:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I felt the exact same way entering the season.  Then, Tupou opted out.  Then, they lost Wren.  Then, they lost Waynes.  Then, they lost Geno.  Then, they lost XSF.  Then, Green appeared (verified by gamepass MPH) slow and somewhat lost.  Ross disappeared, again.  Reader was lost.  Daniels was lost.  Hubbard was lost.  Dunlap disappeared.  

I know, those are "excuses" and the Bengals said that there are none.  However, the only real addition in FA that is still out there doing anything is Vonn Bell, who I expected a lot of but will give some time in this defense. 

I was so hoping they could be 4-4 at the bye as I saw the defense potentially starting to get by mid year and, hopefully, hitting stride down the stretch.  I am probably more surprised about the lack of offense but I way overestimated what they had in the receiving corps.

If you look at the draft, they are getting real production and game over game improvement by J. Williams (I know he was drafted in 19), Higgins, Wilson, ADG, and Khalid Kareem.  I can't remember a rookie draft class that has seen the field more this early in their career.  That part is actually pretty impressive and bodes well for them moving forward.  That is one reason I wouldn't overhaul the coaching staff just yet.

Clearly, there is some financial matters to attend to (getting what you can for the likes of Dunlap, Atkins (not as sold on that), Green, Ross, and maybe Gio and Williams.  But once that is completed, a FA move like Joe Thuney to shore up RG would allow XSF to move to his natural spot LG.  Maybe we see Adeniji push at RT this year?  And the next draft should add a lot of talent and an infusion of youth in the defensive line as well as offensive line.  

ZT will likely be here unless he duplicates another two win season.  And I simply don't see that happening.  
Nice post!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals vs. Browns 2.0 and Mike Brown - Burreaux - 10-23-2020, 08:46 AM