Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-23-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Considering it's the Ravens who traded for him, I'd say it's more of a test drive than a pure rental.  

(10-23-2020, 08:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s from Maryland, played college ball there and has said all along his dream landing spot from Jacksonville was the Ravens. I think he’ll give them a team friendly, but still lucrative, deal.

I wasn't referring to any desire he has to play or stay in Baltimore, I meant compensation the Vikings could seek.  Just like the Jags were unable to ask for the King's ransom, neither could the Vikings.  The Ravens might even be willing to give him the tag again from the get go, which I think would be a 20% increase in pay for one year, but they can make the claim during trade negotiations that they are the ones taking the risk because he could walk after 10 games plus postseason.  There just isn't the ability to ask for top compensation for a player on the franchise tag unless it is a contender making a desperation move to fill a hole created by injury at or near the deadline (kinda like the Palmer situation).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
. - Yojimbo - 10-23-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Bengals “unreasonable” trade prices - jfkbengals - 10-23-2020, 09:50 PM