Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-03-2020, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: MJ is doing what's expected of most 4th round picks. He's improving year after year but he probably won't be a quality starter until Year 3 or 4 (if at all).
The experience he's gained starting the past 1.5 seasons has likely helped a lot, but at what detriment to the team?

He's still a below-average starter right now and should not get to hold his starting job just for the sake of growth. If Spain and XSF are both better than him (which I believe they are), they both need to be starting and he needs to be the backup.

Feel the same and even PFF would agree with you even if I do not put a lot of stock in PFF. 

XSF was our highest rated OL before he went down, clearly better than MJ and Spain just played very well at LG with hardly 
any time to get acclimated to the team.

(11-03-2020, 01:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This is my stance too. Jordan might turn into a solid starter, but he still needs technique work and his anchor is weak, so needs more time in the weight room. For the remainder of this season, Burrow should be the priority, even if it means halting other young players development, if their development threatens Burrow’s.

Yes sir, Burrow should be the priority, not just getting young guys snaps cause they were your picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-03-2020, 08:40 PM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM