Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-08-2020, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also agree that the DL is the bigger priority than the OL, at this point in time.  The team has added enough supplementary talent on the OL to get the job done.  With improved health, continued reps together, they will continue to mold into a unit capable of executing more complicated blocking schemes.  

I see no need for the Bengals to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on OL, unless a tremendous talent just happens to be sitting there when their name comes up.  So, shifting to DL, I'd like to see them land a great pass rusher in the 1st or 2nd.  I would stipulate 1st round, but if tremendous player at another position is sitting there in the 1st round, you'd almost be stupid to pass for need.

I see the best value for pass rusher as being in the late 1st and through the 2nd round.
If the Bengals are picking in top half of the round, I would expect 1st round to be offense or a CB, then a DL in Rd 2.
I'd also look to re-sign Lawson or sign an outside FA for edge so that we don't have to put a ton of pressure on the drafted DL to start immediately and play a majority of snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - ochocincos - 11-09-2020, 11:02 AM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM