Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-10-2020, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be awesome, still need to add some OL though in FA in my opinion even if these guys improve.

I want to be great in the trenches not just middle of the pack. Pass rushers and OL need to be addressed.

They literally will not have enough cap to get both the OL and DL to "great."

If they go hard on OL in FA, they (likely) will decrease on defense, as it would be expected that WJ3 and Lawson would walk due to being offered more $$ than Cincy could offer. And they lost Dunlap, so that'd be two edge rushers and their best CB gone. You're then hoping you can get two good edge guys and a top-tier CB in the draft, which is a tall task.

Question I guess to ask is...
Which would be better for the team: Top 10 OL but bottom-tier defense (again), or a middle-of-the-pack OL and a middle-of-the-pack (or better) defense?
I lean toward the latter, as I think this offense has shown they can put up points. And if the defense can be improved, the Bengals can hold leads better, ultimately resulting in more wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign - ochocincos - 11-10-2020, 04:25 PM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM