Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio now rated higher than Mixon
Not hyper-accurate, nor should be taken as gospel, but I thought it was interesting and worth commenting upon...

https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals/7/roster
Gio: 66.4, 31st ranked RB
Mixon: 66.0, 32nd ranked RB

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gio is so underrated and Mixon can be so overrated at times. It's a damn shame this coaching staff can't find a way to get both of them involved in the offense at the same time. Gio's pass blocking, catching, and ability to make people miss is still very, very good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Small sample size for Gio, obviously...but it's also obvious we should be using him more than we did in the first few weeks.

Great blitz pickup, btw.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It’s hard for me to imagine Gio ever having a 150 yard multiple TD game like Joe has every once in a while, but he does do a lot of the less noticeable things better. I love watching that little dude block.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think the biggest thing I take out of this is you don't tie your cap space up with running backs. Get a good line and most backs in the nfl can run through a hole on a rookie contract or a small vet deal.
Reply/Quote
Both are terrific backs it's a shame we suck on the offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Gio is an elite pass-blocking back, which I know people here often don't value but he has saved Burrow more than a few times. Mixon often is in too much a hurry to get out into his route and has caused more than a few sacks by not chipping or checking long enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s hard for me to imagine Gio ever having a 150 yard multiple TD game like Joe has every once in a while, but he does do a lot of the less noticeable things better. I love watching that little dude block.

Gio is all heart, and talented in his own right. I have always liked him. I'd like to see more of him and Mixon on the field at the same time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Gio does 1 thing better than Mixon. Its extremely important. He picks up a free rusher coming after Burrow way better its not even close.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:22 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think the biggest thing I take out of this is you don't tie your cap space up with running backs. Get a good line and most backs in the nfl can run through a hole on a rookie contract or a small vet deal.

This x100.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah and that's the problem, Gio pass blocks clearly better than Mixon. Burrow needs time.

Lately we're losing because of our defense so maybe it's a wash, but we need a lot more Gio in games, I don't know how Mixon responds to that frankly I don't think he takes to competition well from a teammate.

If you don't want to lose snaps better learn to block.

And I agree, instead of paying Mixon (and Gio) so much, should have fixed offensive line and gotten average RB. Burrow gets time, average RB gets at least as good production as Mixon currently does (which is not saying much). Also can attract better RB if they know they have a line to work with.

I would have liked to see Mixon traded for line help and see what Gio can do behind a better line, because Burrow would have gotten the help he needed to sustain. The freak dalton accident can come and mixon's production is not worth his salary.
Reply/Quote