Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Taylor should get no credit for Burrow
Was the most pro ready QB maybe ever. He would be doing this regardless of who was running the offense.
Reply/Quote
About time someone said it. I've seen Taylor getting entirely too much credit around here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How about Higgins, does he get credit for Higgins?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: About time someone said it. I've seen Taylor getting entirely too much credit around here

Busted out loud laughing here. We definitely need to tone done all the good things said about Zac this year. 
Reply/Quote
This is absolutely stupid to say. Zac Taylor could be the greatest QB coach ever but because he is the head coach anything he does/did with Joe is discarded. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, he can be both a horrible head coach but also did a great job to get Joe ready. There is so much that goes into preparation beyond just play-calling, especially with a rookie QB, and they had to figure out how to do it with no offseason. I'll go the opposite direction, Zac Taylor should be getting far more credit for actually getting him up and running. It doesn't matter how "pro-ready," you think he was he wasn't a pro and they got him up and running from damn near day 1 which was impressive.

I think if this experiment with Zac doesn't work out, which it is trending that way, he will get a chance as an offensive coordinator on a team with a young QB because I think he has a chance to do that well contrary to how some around here feel.
Reply/Quote
I haven't noticed anyone giving ZT much credit at all for anything, let alone Joe Burrow's development. I've seen people say that Lou is a bigger problem because the playcalling on offense is sufficient but the playcalling on defense is not. But that's more condemnation of Lou than praise of ZT.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:26 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Was the most pro ready QB maybe ever. He would be doing this regardless of who was running the offense.

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
How did Herbert look in his opener against defending SB champs in their building with no notice. I think Burrow is a better talent. Compare that to Burow's performance against Chargers when he knew all off-season he was going to be starter from day 1
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How did Herbert look in his opener against defending SB champs in their building with no notice. I think Burrow is a better talent. Compare that to Burow's performance against Chargers when he knew all off-season he was going to be starter from day 1

Herbert was getting plenty of reps with the 1’s in TC. They showed it on Hard Knocks.

He was always going to play this season at some point, imo. Unless Tyrod had them in the playoff picture.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Herbert was getting plenty of reps with the 1’s in TC. They showed it on Hard Knocks.

He was always going to play this season at some point, imo. Unless Tyrod had them in the playoff picture.

The final play against Browns that hail mary was on the money. This Burrow kid is special. I feel even a horrible coach should be able to get them to .500. Even haters like Colin Cowherd see it now. He thought he was going to be Tony Romo he admitted he was dead wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How did Herbert look in his opener against defending SB champs in their building with no notice. I think Burrow is a better talent. Compare that to Burow's performance against Chargers when he knew all off-season he was going to be starter from day 1

I get that, but I'd wager Baker Mayfield put up better numbers his first start than Tom Brady did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: About time someone said it. I've seen Taylor getting entirely too much credit around here

Hilarious  It's getting pretty embarrassing in here anymore....
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Yeah, this is a pretty crazy statement. Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are laughing right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is absolutely stupid to say. Zac Taylor could be the greatest QB coach ever but because he is the head coach anything he does/did with Joe is discarded. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, he can be both a horrible head coach but also did a great job to get Joe ready. There is so much that goes into preparation beyond just play-calling, especially with a rookie QB, and they had to figure out how to do it with no offseason. I'll go the opposite direction, Zac Taylor should be getting far more credit for actually getting him up and running. It doesn't matter how "pro-ready," you think he was he wasn't a pro and they got him up and running from damn near day 1 which was impressive.

I think if this experiment with Zac doesn't work out, which it is trending that way, he will get a chance as an offensive coordinator on a team with a young QB because I think he has a chance to do that well contrary to how some around here feel.

He's helped develop both Goff and Burrow.  I personally feel that the play calling criticism is overblown.  Frankly, given the lack of talent on the OL and the lack of a true #1 WR, they are putting up too many points to just crap on the play calling.  Truth is, the offense has played well enough to win 5 out of 7 games.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:26 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Was the most pro ready QB maybe ever. He would be doing this regardless of who was running the offense.

So the head coach gets all of the blame when things go wrong, but none of the credit for anything good?

You, sir, are a true fan. For life!
Reply/Quote

Oh, I believe Taylor should be given 100% credit. 100% credit for the dismal, NFL worst record over the past 2 years. He owns it 100%, along with his pals and the front office.

(10-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is absolutely stupid to say. Zac Taylor could be the greatest QB coach ever but because he is the head coach anything he does/did with Joe is discarded. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, he can be both a horrible head coach but also did a great job to get Joe ready. There is so much that goes into preparation beyond just play-calling, especially with a rookie QB, and they had to figure out how to do it with no offseason. I'll go the opposite direction, Zac Taylor should be getting far more credit for actually getting him up and running. It doesn't matter how "pro-ready," you think he was he wasn't a pro and they got him up and running from damn near day 1 which was impressive.

Taylor is the head coach, not the QB coach. He should be judged by his own actual job performance, which has been awful. The QB coach is Dan Pitcher, who is doing a decent job of at least not screwing up Burrow.

Reply/Quote
I think I will listen to Burrow over Bengalbandwagonfan....
Reply/Quote

Ridiculous post.
Reply/Quote
I like what Zac is doing with Burrow. He has a much better offensive mind than many will give him credit. I’m taking the cautiously optimistic approach toward his ability to be a head coach in the NFL. Zac seems like a great guy and I don’t know if he has the ability to make personnel changes that need to happen. I’m not one calling for his job but he will need to make some tough decisions by the end of the year if things doesn’t get fixed.
Reply/Quote
Lol someone really hates Taylor.
Reply/Quote