Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here?
I can't believe this dude is still on this team.

He should have been inactive for Sunday's game after posting the team's rotation/depth chart and publically ripping his coaches. I see no good reason in keeping active if he's not going to play much anyways. And regardless of PT, you just can't have someone doing that, especially after what lead up to it.

Yet they chose to have him remain active, which was a headscratcher. Well, guess what that leads to? More bs. Fighting with a coach on the sideline, and crying out for attention like a 14 year old emo girl by "listing" his house for sale on Twitter.

You have an entire team coming off a heartbreaking loss, and this guy just had to make it about himself. He decided in the heat of the moment, with other guys probably devastated, to get into with his coach. Me, me, me.

So, why is he still here? Why hasn't he at least been fined and/or suspended for contract detrimental to the team? This, IMHO, is absolutely crazy to allow to go on completely unpunished.

If your answer is he's still here because we waiting to find a trade partner, we're running out of time. There's one week left. If you haven't found one by now then I don't see what's going to change to make it happen. Your leverage in any negotiations just went further down after these past few days. And let's be honest, he has no trade value. He makes way too much money for way too little production, and everyone knows he wants out.

Do you guys think we're actually planning on doing anything, or do you think this dude is goign to be dressed on Sunday. Cuz I would have thought the team would have issued some kind of strong response yesterday and the fact they didn't has me wondering.

What to do we do with this guy?
Reply/Quote
If they dress him this week they are showing the other player you can be a jackass and get away with it. Remove the cancer now!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is MB concerned if he drops the guy he will pull the race card on him??
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 12:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is MB concerned if he drops the guy he will pull the race card on him??

I hope this isn't the case and I doubt anyone would make such a claim based on performance and attitude from Dunlap this year.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have stated in the past that they are, "not interested in the business of making other teams better," so they may be thinking that cutting Dunlap doesn't help them out and will help out another team while getting enough in return from a compensation perspective.

They may also think that they can get better compensation in the offseason for him compared to whatever may be offered right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 12:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope this isn't the case and I doubt anyone would make such a claim based on performance and attitude from Dunlap this year.

Completely agree and think there is plenty of evidence of his misbehavior for that to not be the case. Just worry about Dunlap running his mouth on “getting benched” because he called out the owner on BLM.
Reply/Quote
I believe it's really simple. The only option is to trade Dunlap at this point, otherwise the team gets nothing at all.

Unfortunately, the team is known of its stubborness and unrealistic trade demands, not to mention that they move very slowly on trades because there has to be a committee meeting to decide anything and someone is bound to bring up some reason or other to throw the committee into an indecision.

I do believe a trade will occur. Unfortunately, I don't believe the front office is capable of discussing more than one trade at a time and they have Ross and AJ to deal away also, possibly even Willie Jackson as well.

This much committee action could send them all into brain lock.

Reply/Quote
I heard the Seahawks are shopping Everson Griffen. What about a straight up trade?

Not sure if the hawks would be interested, but it seems like fair value? I don't know how long of a contract Griffen has though.
Reply/Quote
They say JJ Watt is disgruntled and making noise in Texas. Maybe a straight up washed up DE for another washed up DE and a change of scenery would do them both good.
Reply/Quote
If Dunlap is 100% in the wrong then none of his antics will effect the locker room in any way. The players will all just see him as a malcontent.

But if other players think he is correct about his complaints then it will cause a lot of damage if they suspend him or don't play him at all.

BTW have you all forgotten how long Cordy Glenn refused to play after the doctors cleared him last season? I think he was suspended for on game, but when he returned he kept his spot on the active roster while continuing to refuse to play for a few more weeks.
Reply/Quote
1. They are just going to bench him and he will become a ghost
2. His antics have turned off any suitors
3. Will continue to see limited snaps
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Dunlap is 100% in the wrong then none of his antics will effect the locker room in any way. 

You're smarter than this.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 02:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're smarter than this.

I have worked with huge assholes.

No one took their side against the bosses unless they had a legit gripe.
Reply/Quote
If this is Burrows team, he needs to go to the front office and tell them to remove Dunlop from the team. No one wants to play with that cancer in the locker room.

I hope Burrow does this or starts doing this soon. Like yesterday
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:34 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I heard the Seahawks are shopping Everson Griffen. What about a straight up trade?

Not sure if the hawks would be interested, but it seems like fair value? I don't know how long of a contract Griffen has though.

I think you mean Cowboys? If he is disgruntled being on the Cowboys he won’t be much happier here unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
Absolute insanity that he wasn’t inactive and fined for conduct detrimental to the team. The Bengals get what they deserved. They look like a clown show not surprised one bit he blew up on the sidelines which all could have been avoided. How much do they let him get away with before suspending or inactivating him ?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals have stated in the past that they are, "not interested in the business of making other teams better," so they may be thinking that cutting Dunlap doesn't help them out and will help out another team while getting enough in return from a compensation perspective.

They may also think that they can get better compensation in the offseason for him compared to whatever may be offered right now.

Lol I was going to state this, but decided against it.

But seriously, they can't reward him for his temper tantrum. They have to get an asset in return, even if it's a 6th or 7th round pick. It's dumb asset management to not get anything in return. The thing I worry about is the Bengals not being creative with how they approach this. Can the sweeten the pot with a 5th round pick to get a 4th from a team like Seattle? Or anything a long those lines to just get anything what so ever for him. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? Could be that the FO won't let him "Talk" his way out of Cincinnati or they haven't seen a trade or made trade proposal to get him out of here yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have worked with huge assholes.

No one took their side against the bosses unless they had a legit gripe.

It's not only about taking sides.  It's an unnecessary distraction.  And it's a distraction for both the players and the coaches.

I listened to the postgame show on Sunday.  Every single player was asked their thoughts on Dunlap.  AJ, Gio, Boyd, etc.  You could tell this was a topic most didn't want to get into the middle of, and it was uncomfortable.  This isn't something that they shouldn't have to deal with.  They just lost a heartbreaking game and now they're being forced to weigh on this bs.

Same goes for the coaches.  Zac Taylor and his staff's focus should be on winning ball games.  If they even spend another second having to deal with this issue, even if only by addressing it with the media, then that is one second too many.

Negativity breeds negativity.  You already are in the midst of a bad season, you don't add this on top of it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 02:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But seriously, they can't reward him for his temper tantrum. They have to get an asset in return, even if it's a 6th or 7th round pick. It's dumb asset management to not get anything in return.

According to this coaching staff he is worse than scrubs we can sign off the street.

If they are correct then we will not get anything in trade, but we will save money if we release him and be able to sign someone better off the street.

We did it with Preston Brown last year, so why not just cut Dunlap if he is as bad as the coaches think.
Reply/Quote