Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taylor says Redmond is starting at RG
(11-21-2020, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe there was an update I missed, but I thought Hart went full go at practice?  If this was true, Spain should be our RG, and I also thought XSF was practicing and if so, I would like to see him at LG.  These meaningless games can help up figure out the roster for next year instead of saying crap like:  "We really like him" and we have never seen him perform in a game.  

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-another-sunday-another-role-for-assistants-mixon-out-no-rotatio

Quote:O-LINE UP: Left tackle Jonah Williams (neck stinger) went full for the second straight day and Taylor says he'll start. Even though right guard Alex Redmond (bicep) went limited and is questionable, Taylor said he'll play. But even though Bobby Hart (knee) went full for a second straight day after missing the last two games, Taylor wouldn't name a starting right tackle. He's got two after left guard Quinton Spain started there at right tackle during a week rookie Hakeem Adeniji practiced there before starting at left tackle. Backup right tackle Fred Johnson, who came off the COVID list Friday, went limited before being categorized as questionable for Sunday.

While he likes how more than five guys are progressing and how it's impossible these days to predict lineups, Taylor did quash on Friday the idea of rotations on the O-line.
"No, you really want to get a guy into a rhythm," Taylor said. "That's one of the positions where there's a feel for the game, a feel for a rusher. Communication with the guard next to you if you're a tackle or whatever the position is. Ideally you'd rather get a guy in there and roll with him."

So he said Redmond would play, but didn't name him the starter (although he later ruled out a rotation)

Spain was called LG

Hart practiced but has not been given the nod.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor says Redmond is starting at RG - jfkbengals - 11-21-2020, 11:44 AM