Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Quinton Spain fit the blocking scheme?
(12-16-2020, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Others have already pointed out that the QB pressure rate is related to our defense not getting pressure on opposing QBs, but it is very odd to be that low given the Bengals started the year with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, and Reader. That group should not be near the bottom in the league unless the plays called are dictating that they don't pressure as much. Also, Atkins not being what he used to be is having an impact on the pass rush. It was always harder for the DEs to get pressure when Atkins wasn't also there generating pressure inside. He really helped out the entire DL. But I'm not confident he will ever get back to his old form at this point given his age and multiple injuries.

IMO this team needs 3 new OL (LG, RG, RT) and 2-3 new DL (1-2 edge, 1 pass rushing IDL).
If the Bengals only use the draft to get upgrades, that would basically take up the entire draft. So hopefully they address a couple of these in FA. Make some hard cuts like Hart, Atkins, and/or Uzomah if you have to free up some cap space to make it happen.

Yeah, this is why i shouldn't be up that late.  I can read that now.  ha!  I gather ya'll knew why that couldn't be right.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Quinton Spain fit the blocking scheme? - wildcatnku24 - 12-16-2020, 04:20 PM