Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's Worst Weather Games
(12-19-2020, 11:34 AM)jason Wrote: I was at the 2009 wildcard games against the Jets. I don't know how cold it was, but it was cold enough. I remember my beers turnin' to slush as I was drinking them.

We were there too, me and the future Mrs.  We were in my seats in the upper deck.  A buddy was going but had to cancel at the last minute, so she felt sorry for me and agreed to go to not only her first playoff game but her first ever NFL game.  Froze to death and the game was a disappointing loss.  Throughout the game I kept muttering under my breath "Mark ***** Sanchez."   Took three years to convince her to go to another game.

Not sure about the coldest game I've been to, but I remember the one with the worst field conditions.  It was at the end of the first season at PBS, back when it had a grass field.  We had snow and ice the night before.  I remember leaving my apartment that morning and found my car caked in ice, so a buddy had to drive us.  

The wind was howling as we walked to PBS, and it was bitter cold.  I saw the field and remarked how it had a white tarp on it, and my buddy said "No, that's not a tarp."  The field looked like it had white frosting on it, they had left the damn thing uncovered and it was frozen solid. Jacksonville pitched a fit with the league but the league office said it was good to go.  Peter Warrick ran back a punt for a TD and that night on ESPN Berman compared him to Wayne Gretzky  Wink
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL's Worst Weather Games - jason - 12-19-2020, 11:34 AM
RE: NFL's Worst Weather Games - Awful Llama - 12-20-2020, 07:04 PM
RE: NFL's Worst Weather Games - rfaulk34 - 12-22-2020, 02:19 AM