Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire!
(12-22-2020, 01:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers looked pathetic!

They played with no energy, their quarterback looks like he couldn't even make the throws that an average high school quarterback could make, and they just looked unorganized and undisciplined.  Their defense looked confused and clueless.  

All this is with our starting running back and quarterback being hurt.

Four penalties for 30 yards to the Bengals 2 for 16 yards.  

After starting 11 and 0 and looking unbeatable, are the Steelers falling apart?

Is Tomlin losing control?
Can't figure out Tomlin at all despite having an invested interest in his team. Seems like some years they overperform, other years underperform and sometimes it's in a drastic way.

I agree with Dino that they haven't changed too much on offense; the injuries on defense have caught up to them and made the offense work harder. But I disagree that Juju's attention seeking is just a typical 20 something thing and couldn't become/maybe already is a locker room issue. Surprised Tomlin hasn't pulled him aside. 

Bengals players noticed and took exception. Pittsburgh needed that game and the Bengals looked like they wanted it more. Agreed that a lot of media criticism of NFL players is just pushing a narrative and hot takes but that's personally not how I see Juju's logo dancing. 

Ben's body has been beat up bad and his throwing is hard to watch now. Steelers messed up by not investing a higher pick on a QB the last few years and letting him develop. The Bush and Fitzpatrick trades probably squashed that anyway. Now they're in a position where they're not drafting high enough or would have to trade the farm to have a legit shot at drafting a franchise guy. I can't see the Steelers tanking next season either. They construct a team to win every year and have very talented players under contract. They may get stuck in mediocrity.

This is the Browns and Ravens division for the next couple years imo. Steelers have to find their next QB and the Bengals still have a ways to go even with a guy as good as Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire! - Bmore Birds - 12-23-2020, 02:58 AM