Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON
(01-03-2021, 12:32 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Like I said I don't care either way. I really don't follow college football that much so no hating.   But lets say the Steelers didn't play a game until half way through the season and then beat say 3 top 16 teams, 5 below average teams and were given a playoff spot while most teams played a full schedule.  You all would be livid.  You would be saying things like, "The Steelers didn't play a full schedule and were healthier because of that.."  No matter where you stand, it's hard to deny that Ohio State didn't get a bit of a boon from playing half a schedule.

Either way, no matter who wins it will probably be referred to as the asterisk bowl at some point.  And that's not the fault of any of the teams participating. They did what they could to get where they are.   It's just the unfortunate way Covid played a role in the season.

It's different because the NFL is based off of records and college football, even with the playoff system, is based off of rankings.  It's still an eye test to a certain degree.  

Also, the NFL is more balanced and, like I said, how much better would you consider Ohio State if they just blew out a bunch of shitty teams?

I get what you're saying in principle, but you want to see them just embarrass a bunch of teams to prove that they belong in the playoffs?

Beating Clemson the way they did should be all the validation they need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - kevin - 01-02-2021, 04:35 AM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - jason - 01-02-2021, 02:29 PM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - BFritz21 - 01-02-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - kevin - 01-04-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - BFritz21 - 01-03-2021, 12:16 AM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - BFritz21 - 01-03-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON - jason - 01-03-2021, 05:25 PM