Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
(01-06-2021, 09:31 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: 1.) The article pointed out where the Bengals are in a rebuild. The Bengals went into the season as a team in the middle of a rebuild. Any team rebuilding does not have depth.

2.) Add in ML last season and not only look at the lack of starting talent but they really had no depth at all. 
Their best LB was either Preston Brown or Nick vigil or dare I say Hardy Nickerson. They had Kilpatrick running around like an idiot. It was quite embarrassing. 

1.) No offense, but I'm not sure you understand how "rebuilds" work at this level.  You can overhaul a team in a single offseason.  I'll grant you it can take one year to install your system and get your players up to peak performance.  But the idea that a rebuild takes until year 3 to see results is frankly absurd. 

This isn't college football.  Zac Taylor had two drafts, one with a #11 starting position, and the other with the #1 starting position.  He had two free agency periods.  And he continuity in his staff, and plenty of time to impliment his system.  The "rebuild" should have changed over to "rising" by year 2.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you'd be someone that will be in favor of Zac getting a year 4 if he manages 8 wins next season (am I wrong?).  If that's the case, then we're into a 4 year rebuild.  When it does it stop?

2.) It's funny that Marvin had a "lack of a starting talent" and "no depth at all", but he still managed to win 6 games.  Are you saying the current team has even less starting talent, and even less depth?  Because that's a big problem if Zac has managed to worsen a situation you described as so bleak.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - Wes Mantooth - 01-06-2021, 09:44 PM