Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
(01-06-2021, 10:35 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: If there are plenty of directions they could go please let me know a few of them

I am not sure people are beating down the door to have Mike Brown as your owner.

If you're asking me to list candidates that would accept the job, that's impossible because we cannot know who the org would have gone after this year and who would have taken the job. That said, there is no way no one would want to come to Cincinnati to coach the Bengals right now. MB is a PITA for sure, but it's not like he doesn't bend. They increased the size of the coaching staff last year and spent money in FA, both of which are things a lot of people thought the org would never do. HC gigs are limited, and the Bengals actually have quite a bit going for them right now as far as a future.

(01-06-2021, 10:43 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But the coaches were constantly plucking people off waivers, practice squad, getting people on the team, etc.   Honestly I saw more moves this year as far as shuffling players around and trying different things than any season I can recall off the top of my head.

If I’ve indicated as such, then it was not my intent, as I do not think that Zac is without any blame.  That’d be ridiculous, and while I obviously am a ZT supporter, I do know he has/is making mistakes along the way.  I mentally signed up for that when he got hired, as I expected some growing pains with a newbie coach.  I think it can be turned around next year for two specific reasons:

1) We have had so many close games where it could’ve gone either way.
2) Injuries definitely shouldn’t be as bad, meaning that we should have most of our expected starters.
     2b side note to ensure I don’t get flamed - I know it’s football, been a fan a long time.  A player out here and there happens.  I expect that and that’s not what I’m referring to as #2. 

But if ZT was the leader some claim him to be, and they were in close games, why couldn't he get them over the hump to win them? Why did their halftime adjustments suck? Why in the shuffle with players could they not land on a consistent approach to win? And this is my argument against ZT. I don't think he has shown legitimate progress. If he was "learning on the job" I'd have expected to see some real progress from year 1 to year 2, and progress over the course of each season. And I didn't. And that's what I don't have any hope in his ability as a HC.

Also, remember that the "learning curve" of a HC shouldn't be the learning curve of an OC. And he's not been good in that role in the past, either, having had more than one previous opportunity at it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - MileHighGrowler - 01-06-2021, 11:04 PM