Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best IOL in this draft?
Who are the best IOL in this draft? It will probably be a huge need come late April if the Bengals miss out on Thuney and Sheriff in free agency!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Trey Smith
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rashawn Slater Alijah Vera-Tucker Alex Leatherwood Jackson Carman

Yes alot of those guys could end up at tackle but some of them will slide inside and if the Bengals do run alot of wide zone runs that athleticism will help inside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I also like Vera-Tucker, Brown, and Smith in that order. Creed would be a nice pick up at Center and maybe Sills. Sills is overlooked I think.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Brown
Vera-Tucker
Smith

My top 3 that could be available around round 2.
Reply/Quote
Drake Jackson of Kentucky is a very under rated Center.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 12:49 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Drake Jackson of Kentucky is a very under rated Center.

Agreed but I’m a UK fan so I’m biased.
Reply/Quote
Smith really worries me as far as his health is concerned. I know he made it through the back end of his career at Tennessee with no further issues, but those blood clots are really worrisome. He's definitely talented, but I wonder if it becomes enough of a red flag that he drops in the draft.

I think there's a few back end of the first round / first part of the second round that have a chance to be top end guys, especially the ones who are currently tackles, but may end up at guard later on in the process. I think Vera-Tucker might be the guy here, but you could argue for several of those guys.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
A dude I was keeping an eye on was Chosen Hines from LSU, but apparently he's staying in school.

I like Ben Cleveland and Jackson Carman. I'm of the belief that RGs should be massive and strong, and both fit the bill. Carman is a local kid, too. If he's there in the second and the Bengals have not addressed the line, I'd be surprised if they didn't take him. They love kids from the area like Jordan and Hubbard and seem to put a premium on them. In Carman's case, I'm okay with that.
Reply/Quote
In order?
1. Davis.
Clear gap.
2. Smith
3a.Myers
3b. Humphrey
5. Vera
6. Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 05:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: In order?
1. Davis.
Clear gap.
2. Smith
3a.Myers
3b. Humphrey
5. Vera
6. Brown.

Oh my...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 02:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh my...

Yes?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 05:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: In order?
1. Davis.
Clear gap.
2. Smith
3a.Myers
3b. Humphrey
5. Vera
6. Brown.

Another overrated OSU OL Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 11:22 PM)pulses Wrote: Another overrated OSU OL Hilarious Hilarious

You are compared a 4th round pick and one miss to the consensus best IOL in this class. Not even close. Wyatt Davis has no weaknesses or question marks like price and mj had.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: You are compared a 4th round pick and one miss to the consensus best IOL in this class. Not even close. Wyatt Davis has no weaknesses or question marks like price and mj had.

Wyatt Davis has had injuries already. Not worth a 1st Rd pick. And he'll never be as good as most seem to think. OSU OL going to the pros has been marginal at best for the last several years.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 11:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Wyatt Davis has had injuries already. Not worth a 1st Rd pick. And he'll never be as good as most seem to think. OSU OL going to the pros has been marginal at best for the last several years.

There hasn’t been a osu ol as good as Davis in a long while. He’s had injuries? So what? He was battling a knee injury all year but played through it. He’s the clear cut best guard in this class. He’s a perennial pro bowler out the gate. Like his scouting reports say u are hard pressed to find any holes in his game. He’s a unanimous top 20 talent
Reply/Quote