Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any good 2nd round Wrs this year?
(01-17-2021, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Every year it seems that there are about 100 players "projected" to go in the 1st round, but as always, 68 of them are always still available at the start of the 2nd round. I'm sure that a few of them will be WRs. Ninja

Not what I was getting at at all. There are usually one or two lights out prospects (last year Burrow and Chase), then a handful of great prospects, then like 10 or so good prospects, then a bunch of late 1st to early 2nd prospects.

My point was there are plenty of wide receivers that slip through the cracks every year for whatever reason. I stated in my OP that this year I think the top couple wrs are better than the top couple last year. But the point stand that wideouts can be found later in the draft.

I do think we are in an interesting spot because Chase likely falls to us, and how can we pass him up? WR is not a need, and more of a luxury pick. We need offensive and defensive line. So do we trade back or take the best player despite not likely being able to resign him if he’s a superstar. If we have all our big money tied up in wideouts, what happens to our offensive line on offense? I won’t argue with simply taking the best player, but I’m also tired of the shiny toy philosophy that gets out QB killed bc we aren’t investing in the oline.

Sorry for attempting to get people to think a little bit at times. But maybe the majority is right and you just pick Chase and enjoy the benefits of having 3 top wideouts for a few years—even though it’s unlikely you can resign them all. It’ll be interesting to see what they do; they likely grab Chase if there, or go with an edge player or trade down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any good 2nd round Wrs this year? - Bengalstripes9 - 01-17-2021, 01:28 PM