Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bengals apparently keeping the "B" logo
(01-27-2021, 04:40 PM)BRM13 Wrote: I think this is more important than is commonly known.  I read somewhere (sorry, no link) several years ago that the reason the Bengals don't use the Roaring Tiger head much (at all?) anymore is because the NFL told them it looked too much like the Bears alternate logo. Bears had it first, I think, so they got to keep it.  It was likely the marketing arm; but still, the point was that the league and the Bengals want their logo to be immediately recognizable, not have people squinting to decide if its a roaring tiger or a growling bear.  This is a more serious problem with the size of logos on hats or details on shirts than for images on the field.

I like the roaring tiger, but I don't think that is really an option for those marketing reasons.  Therefore, you have the B or what was called the 'frolicking tiger' up thread.  I think the B narrowly wins that contest; but I'd be in favor of someone coming up with a really aggressive tiger that doesn't conjure images of the Bears (or someone else's) logo.

I'm not sure which "roaring tiger" logo you are referring to, as the one the Bengals used to have is not really roaring.
[Image: 796382.jpg]

However, one I just found that I think looks REALLY cool is Idaho State's logo. They are also the Bengals.
[Image: nav_main.svg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals apparently keeping the "B" logo - ochocincos - 01-27-2021, 04:48 PM