Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency 2021 Date - March 17
(03-01-2021, 07:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Finney is due a $175K roster bonus, so I see him gone very soon.
 I agree about Geno, no need to cut him as only due $100K roster bonus, so can check him out further and put his cap savings over 2 years versus 1. Hart, I am not so sure he gets cut, but if he does would be prior to start of FA, due $438 in a roster bonus in my humble opinion.

I would add Gio, he is due $200K roster bonus, so I would ask him to restructure first, if he says no, cut him.

Good plan, yes I would add Gio unless he agrees to restructure. We are paying our RB's too much, we aren't cutting Mixon.

(03-01-2021, 08:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Finney really is a head-scratcher to me. Dude played 0 offensive snaps and just 2 ST snaps. No idea why they even bothered having him included in the Dunlap trade.

As for Atkins, I'm not sure the post June 1 cut makes sense. He's either going to get all his remaining guaranteed money for 2021 or half of it will count toward 2022. If the team isn't expecting to compete for playoffs in 2021, it may make more sense to take all the hit for 2021 so they have more to spend in 2022.

Bobby Hart has to go. He's overstayed his welcome.

Rock On

Agree.

(03-01-2021, 09:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I wonder if Uzomah is more of a cut candidate than Hart. Since 2015 he is averaging about 183 yards and 1.3 TDs per year. It looks like cutting him would save ~5 mil against the cap. They could sign the guy from the Rams or pay for ~1/3 of what Sherff or Thuney are likely to get per year. 
He's a good player and had some good catches from Burrow before getting hurt, but I could see him being asked to restructure(more guaranteed/less cap hit) or being cut outright. 

Good points on Uzo as well. Anyway we can free up money to get O-line and D-line help I am for.

If we do this in FA it opens up the Draft and we can take Kyle Pitts who should be a major upgrade at TE for us in the 
passing game. This would be cheaper than bringing in Hunter Henry and we could add Thuney and one of the RT's in 
FA in either Daryl Williams, Wagner or Scherff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agency 2021 Date - March 17 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM