Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-11-2021, 07:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals would have to address OL in FA and/or Day 2 of the draft to justify taking Pitts.
Wanting Pitts vs taking someone else instead of him at 5 because of need are different things though.

Also, I don't understand why you made an assumption that I don't know the Bengals need upgrades at OL or that I "must have forgotten the Super Bowl or didn't watch." You've seen enough of my posts on this board to know how I feel about OL, so the fact that you think I don't understand the OL need is laughable, frankly.

Cause your list of reasons for not taking Pitts didn't include the fact that improving the O-line is the single most important thing for this team to do... more important then re-signing Lawson or WJII, more important then adding WR's or TE's or anything... the O-line is the issue.

If Burrow stays upright he has Higgins and Boyd to throw to, and Tate will be back and is well liked around here and C.J. Uzomah isn't terrible.

Here is how I view it. Which is a bigger upgrade.

Pitts over Uzomah

Slater over Michael "I got my QB killed" Jordan

Sewell over Bobby Hart

That is how you need to look at it and in that situation, Pitts is easy to overlook.

The only way I consider Pitts or Chase at pick 5 is if the O-line looks like this pre-draft. Williams, Thuney, Hopkins, Spain, Moton. If you have those 5 guys or something extremely close to those 5 in talent, sure... go get whatever at 5.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end. - Murdock2420 - 02-11-2021, 07:43 PM