Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-19-2021, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pitts>Chase>Smith.
I think that because there are so few truly elite TEs in the NFL compared to elite WRs.
I'd argue there are probably just 3 elite TEs nowadays - Kelce, Kittle, Waller. Hockenson and maybe Fant could be on their way, but not in that tier yet.
For WRs, I'd say there are...Hill, Hopkins, Adams, Diggs, Jones, Thomas, Evans, Allen at least. You could argue a handful of others are close, or at least in that category every couple of years or so.

For the Bengals I'm at a tie with Kyle Pitts and Ja'Marr Chase both bring different things to the table. 

Kyle Pitts is a great chess peice for any offensive coordinator and a nightmare for any defensive coordinator. He can be moved to any receiving position on the offense and succeed but he is not standard outside vertical threat the Bengals need to open up routes for a guys like Boyd, Higgins, Sample, and even a guy like Pitts.

Ja'Marr Chase is that boundary vertical threat the Bengals need the guy that can be a weapon on the sideline. Because he is able to push the field, keep defenses honest, and move safeties for those underneath and seems. If he runs in the 4.4s it would be easy to see the Bengals target him because he is technically sound, a playmaker, and a need.

Now I will say this They could take Kyle Pitts and a guy later like Eskridge, Dyami Brown or grab someone like Conley in Free Agency. The said can't be the same about finding a Tight End of Pitts' caliber this offseason (though 2021 TE Free Agency class looks alot better).

First and foremost is the Offensive Line. If they dont add a Tackle in Free agency and Penei Sewell is on the board thr point is moot because he is the obvious answer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end. - Synric - 02-19-2021, 12:39 PM