Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
(03-12-2021, 11:44 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not trying to be preachy here, Brad.  But why not wait another week before you go out to stuff like this?

You've made it a full year without getting this nasty virus, and if you're getting your 2nd vaccine it's my understanding it will only take an additional week to reach full effectiveness.

Think about how much it would suck to get this crap with only a week to go.  I know you're still somewhat protected (52% accoring to what I just googled) with the first shot but I'd try to wait it out.

Fwiw, I'm having this same conversation with my dad.  He got his first shot two weeks ago and told me he was finally going to his barber the other day.  I asked him where the fire was, why the rush?  He finally agreed to wait a couple more weeks. 

Just this morning he told me was going to his buddy's softball game (it's indoors at the Reds complex) this afternoon.  We went through the same conversation as we did on the barber.
Thanks for looking at and normally I'd agree, but I sit on the track around the upper part of the gym on the opposite side where there is no one else around.  If it's crowded and I can't be isolated from everyone, then I agree and I won't stay.  I'm still being smart about it.  I still might not go even if I'm feeling ok.

What I've read is it takes two weeks to get full protection, but you're right that it might not be worth it.

Regardless, like I said, I'll be safe.

Thanks again for looking out.
(03-12-2021, 12:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: My mom is in her 70's and had just a bit of a headache and a sore arm after her 2nd shot. Her husband is also in his 70's, a lung cancer survivor who had part of his lung removed several years ago and he didn't have any problems after his 2nd shot.  You got this Brad, just try not to think the worst is going to happen.  My mom had similar fears that she was going to feel really sick and I told her the same thing, not to over think it and convince herself she was going to feel terrible. 

Let us know how it goes.

That makes me feel more confident!  I worked out a lot and I'm fairly heathy, so hopefully it all goes smoothly!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine! - BFritz21 - 03-12-2021, 06:57 PM