Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(03-05-2021, 09:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Pressures are good, they show that the DE is likely doing a good job of getting off of blocks. I think that  what's difficult for fans is that we don't have all of the pressure data in front of us. The very definition of a pressure can be subjective. We aren't sure if there were any pressures yielded by way of the OT knowing that the play was a bubble screen to the other side of the field and only blocking for a moment, for instance. We don't know the average yards per play or completion percentage(vs. neutral) on plays where Lawson is credited for a pressure. If you go back and look at those pressures and you see a bunch of interceptions or forced fumbles, but no sacks, that becomes a very compelling argument. If you see a bunch of quick dink and dunk passes where the OT just stops blocking, that too could be a compelling argument.

The problem is that we just can't see it. A sack is easy to see and it looks nice on a highlight reel. I'm sure that an NFL team could do very thorough, deep dive analysis. 

Well I remember at least one game where Lawson had like 3 pressures in a row when the QB was passing.

The LT just couldn't block him.

It wasn't the play calls, Lawson was just beating his man, I watched him specifically and he was just dominating.

I don't even know if he got a sack that day, but it certainly influenced the QB and Offense significantly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-05-2021, 09:21 PM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM