Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers GM Won't Commit To Bringing Ben Back
(02-19-2021, 07:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It looks like the Steelers are about to be done with Ben.  

It's the elephant in the room and they're playing it like it's all a money move, which would sound smart so they don't seem like assholes for a guy that brought them so much success:

Like I said, they could be just using the money as an excuse because they're ready to move on and, since they also have other players entering the end of their contracts or appear to be leaving this offseason, they realize that they need to start rebuilding and starting over fresh:

I asked if Ben was done in another thread but this all seems pretty definitive that, at the very least, he's done in Pittsburgh.  

Are Steelers fans ok with moving on?  

Aside from football, do you have any emotional investment in him playing in Pittsburgh?

Any sane fan is ok with moving on.  I've watched great players leave/retire for 40 years...it happens.

If he wants to move to another team and try to give it a go that's just the business of the game.  I would hate to see it as he has done a lot for the team and will always be a Steeler in my mind, but Rod Woodson won his only Super Bowl playing behind a guy who witnessed a double murder and then refused to testify and I still think of him as a Steeler.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers GM Won't Commit To Bringing Ben Back - GMDino - 02-20-2021, 01:21 PM