Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate?
(02-23-2021, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The thing I hate about Waynes is now it is almost impossible to afford WJIII when they paid Waynes that much and he was (Cough, choke, cough) injured "working out" the first time he stepped foot in our gym.  Still amazes me that the same doctors that failed Barrett cleared him.

It would look like a slap to WJIII, who outplayed Waynes statistically.  But he is going to be 28.  I hate this scenario, because it could really screw up the draft.  

I was initially very opposed to using the franchise tag on either him or Lawson, but if you are able to sing Lawson, maybe you do FT WJIII as a one-year deal is likely to get the most out of him and if Waynes doesn't work out, you release him and shift those funds to WJIII, but then you are drafting a CB high next year.  

It did put us in a tough position when Waynes went down for the year after we agreed to pay him that much. I like your idea, extend
Lawson, put the tag on WJ3 and if Waynes doesn't play well or gets injured again you cut him and pay WJ3.

Would rather be drafting CB high next year rather than this year out of necessity. We need to take Sewell if he is there this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-23-2021, 07:38 PM