Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate?
(02-24-2021, 04:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The bummer is that between the dollars on those two deals (WJIII and Lawson), if it played out that way would likely prohibit a bigger name signing in FA from outside the organization.  I really want those two players back, but I am also hoping for a FA G or OT to open up the draft. 

While I agree on Sewell, I think it is very realistic that he is gone.  In that case, I am hoping (not much of a strategy) they have already signed a RT from the FA market and can draft Chase.  

FWIW, even if they sign a FA OT and they have Jonah, I would still probably take Sewell if he was there and put Jonah at LG.  Word has it Sabin said Williams can play any position on the line.  

I think the most realistic scenario, however, is they draft Chase.  

We can still afford a Guard like Thuney/Warford or a RT like Daryl Williams/Wagner even after we paid Lawson and tagged WJ3 
I am pretty sure. But it would probably only be one of them and a pass rusher. All for taking Sewell no matter what as you say 
and moving Jonah to Guard.

Sewell, Pitts, Chase in that order is the way I am picking depending on if we get a Guard or a Tackle in FA. If we get a Guard I
would also be looking at the other OT's. Darrisaw, Slater, Eichenberg are all good too and we could trade back and get one of
them while adding a pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-25-2021, 04:03 PM