Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF ranks Jackson #1 FA CB, Lawson #3 Edge
The way FA is looking to me this year is that we are going to see alot of veterans getting released this year. Earlier I was on board with re-signing Lawson, but as the offseason is shaping up, I'm starting to think that letting them both go is the smarter play. Before you go and call me crazy here's my thinking:

1) Espn or whatever has them ranked #1/#3 at their respected positions, IMHO there are overrating them so let someone else pay top dollar, and we can sign replacements, draft, and use that savings elsewhere to bolster the roster.

2) both have injury histories, and tying up 12-15 in them is not good business. both should garner 3-4 rd comp picks, depending on who we sign.

3) There are FA's available and with our cap space we can sign others who fit or profile better:

DE- Justin Houston(Ind), Romeo Okwara (Det), Kerry Hyder (SF), Benson Mayowa(Sea) Dawauan Smoot(Jax) all are good and remember we have a new D-line coach this year.

CB-AJ Bouye(Den), Terrance Mitchell(Cle), Michael Davis(LAC), Kevin King(GB) Troy Hill(LAR), Shaquill Griffen(Sea)- these are decent #2 Cb's that we wont have to shell out top dollar for.

--all these guys can be had much cheaper than our own and probably produce just as good if not better!! Then use the savings to address the offensive line/ #3 WR.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF ranks Jackson #1 FA CB, Lawson #3 Edge - schroomytunes - 02-25-2021, 09:36 PM