Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate This Time of Year (Let's Get Weird)
As the title states, I hate this time of year. I'm not sure why exactly I feel the need to share that, but with so little going on I was hoping some of us could all voice out collective hatred in this thread.

Hell, we can even get weird with it. In fact, let's. I mean, there's nothing to really talk about so why not turn this thread into whatever it is you all want. Maybe we could dicuss who would win in a fight between Kevin Huber and Fat Randy. Maybe we could talk who we think could drink the most beers on the offensive line.... which player is most likely to win a hot dog eating contest?

I suppose I should take the time to explain why this time of year sucks so much, although I think most know. The NFL is now over, and we're weeks away from free agency. There's not much going on.

College football too is over. The recruting classes are set. There's not much going on.

The only thing going on with baseball is "pitchers and catchers report in x days" which makes me sleepy even hearing it (I hate spring training).

And college basketball, God love it, is deep into conference play where we're all ready to just get to the conference tournaments so we can get to the NCAA tourney. It tends to drag a bit in late February. (Note: UC stinks this year, so me personally, I don't even have that to look forward to.

And last, but certainly not least, is that we're stuck in that last stage of winter. And here in Cincy it's especially be bad because we never know when we're in the clear. You just want to get it over with, and into spring. You get some nice weather, March finally comes, and you're thinking "alright, we're finally there" and then bam, out of nowhere you get a couple of inches of snow and it's like 20 degrees on like March 15th when the week earlier it was in the 50's all week.

So yeah, mid Feb to early March stinks. And it kinda stinks on JN too. We're all looking for anything to talk about, speculating about even the most mundane of topics (should we draft a kicker late in the draft). And worst of all, many of us are engaging in debates like dogs chasing their tails, over and over and over. ("Zac should have been fired"... "He deserved year 3"... "You're not a real fan"... "You're a homer", etc.)

So do with this thread what you will. Use it vent, use it to have fun, use it as an escape from debating the white panels on jerseys.

I'll kick it off with a simple question... Who can throw a better ball, Katie or Troy Blackburn?
Reply/Quote
that's easy....Katie for sure. She had NFL QBs teaching her to throw from the time she was little. And she is an athlete herself.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 01:39 PM)pally Wrote: that's easy....Katie for sure.  She had NFL QBs teaching her to throw from the time she was little.  And she is an athlete herself.

Agreed.  I'd be welling to bet she can throw a decent spiral (don't know how far it would go, or hard she'd throw it, but a spiral nonetheless)  Troy, I gotta imagine, it's duck city.  
Reply/Quote
Sam Adams jersey number looked tiny when he played for us.

I also think of former Bengals he'd win the hot dog eating contest.

My 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
Most beers and most hotdogs both go to Alex Redmond.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:00 PM)Mer Wrote: Sam Adams jersey number looked tiny when he played for us.

I also think of former Bengals he'd win the hot dog eating contest.

My 2 cents.

jeremi johnson would have a say in that...

speaking of which.. We need a FB in the 1st 3 rounds this year.
Reply/Quote
Huber wins hands down...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:35 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Huber wins hands down...

What if the winner gets a lifetime supply of Snickers bars?
Reply/Quote
Who would win a MMA cage match Alex Erickson vs. John Ross ?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: jeremi johnson would have a say in that...

speaking of which.. We need a FB in the 1st 3 rounds this year.

Alright, who would win the hot dog eating contest out of these people?

-Jeremi Johnson
-Sam Adams
-Jim Lippencott
-Natalie from the The Facts of Life
-Andre Smith
Reply/Quote
I think May through July is the worst time.
There's really nothing going on, and the players have all been acquired. It's the farthest point from draft season too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Combine usually takes up this time along with the reshuffling of mock drafts that result from the workouts, but with it essentially cancelled, this really is a dead time in the off season. The only things we really get to tide us over are QB trades and player cuts/restructures, none of which the Bengals are likely to do before free agency starts. I kind of wish they pushed free agency up a month, to be honest, since nothing is going with the draft but I know that would probably mess up teams' and agents' timelines for the players etc etc.

We're all just stuck sitting here until March 17th where we hope the Bengals come out swinging (and hope we aren't disappointed by our front office).
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who would win a MMA cage match Alex Erickson vs. John Ross ?

I have to believe Erickson has to be the HEAVY favorite.

One guy is a former walk-on, who clawed his way on to a Big 10 team.  Then he went from being not even invitied to the combine, to not being drafted, to having a respectable 6 year career.

The other guy is a physcial freak that runs a 4.2 40, who looks scared to be hit.

I'll take Erickson in the First (KO-Punches).
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What if the winner gets a lifetime supply of Snickers bars?

Oh now we are moving the goalposts a bit. Still going with huber, but probably a phyrric victory. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:48 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh now we are moving the goalposts a bit. Still going with huber, but probably a phyrric victory. 

IMHO I think if there's food on the line Randy Bullock is the favorite against pretty much anyone on the team.

He'd come up with some way to win.  He'd do somethine like that move the one guy did in Bloodsport where he throws that blinding powder in someone's eyes, maybe pull a Tyson and chomp their ear off.  Whatever it takes.

I'll bet he wouldn't even feel bad about it either.  All that matters is that he gets his hands on the candy bar.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who would win a MMA cage match Alex Erickson vs. John Ross ?

Alex Erickson because John Ross would injure his hamstring on the initial approach and then miss grabbing Alex so he ended up on his face without contact, then Alex just has to put a boot on his back and WIN.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Alright, who would win the hot dog eating contest out of these people?

-Jeremi Johnson
-Sam Adams
-Jim Lippencott
-Andre Smith

Andre Smith in his "Fat Andre" early NFL years.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: IMHO I think if there's food on the line Randy Bullock is the favorite against pretty much anyone on the team.

He'd come up with some way to win.  He'd do somethine like that move the one guy did in Bloodsport where he throws that blinding powder in someone's eyes, maybe pull a Tyson and chomp their ear off.  Whatever it takes.

I'll bet he wouldn't even feel bad about it either.  All that matters is that he gets his hands on the candy bar.

I think Randy already ate a lifetime supply of Snickers bars...  I'd have said agility might help Huber and I'd be rooting for him, he and Randy are actually the same listed weight, and Randy is shorter, so I think he's got better leverage and would be hard to beat.  

Also, you mention the late snow storms.  We routinely get snow here until into May.  Mother's Day is the traditional cutoff most accept, but a couple of years ago it snowed in late May.  I don't have a bunch of patience for that.  March is our biggest snow month so I'm buckling down as much as I'm ready for the short sleeves to come back.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Alright, who would win the hot dog eating contest out of these people?

-Jeremi Johnson
-Sam Adams
-Jim Lippencott
-Andre Smith

Shaun "Hamburglar" Smith
Reply/Quote
Who had a better stache, Ken or Gio?
Reply/Quote