Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens
I know the family very very well and we have all casually chatted about it with his parents many times since Joe was drafted. He would absolutely come back to SW Ohio and play with a competitive offer. His family would love it. They literally (whenever possible) fly or drive to attend all of his games every Sunday, home and away. Ultimately, they say and support that it is Joe's decision and they will support him 100%. They all look at it as his job. He won the Superbowl his first season. That has already been accomplished. I think he is looking for the best fit for himself at this point. He and the entire family are first class people. A+ family. It's Joe's job and a business that sets him up for the rest of his life. He already has a Superbowl, I think Joe should be looking for whatever Joe wants at this point.

If the Bengals make him a competitive offer, I see him taking it. If they hem and haw around and someone else steps up, then it is what it is.

To those wanting Zeitler back: GTFO of here. He is NOT a premium player. The Bengals need EXCELLENCE with upside, not broken and mediocre on the back 9. You guys wanting to go for for cheap O-linemen or just so-so talent have me thinking MB has multiple accounts on here.

The Bengals offense needs help to become a major force. F the defense in 2021. It's a lost cause to fix in 1 season. Spreading resources around gets the team to avg or mediocre at best. The offense can be elite in 2021 (that helps the D a lot) with a few pieces. Fix the D in back half of the 2021 draft and 2022 and make it a 2/3 year plan to ascend. Zeitler is NOT going to do any of that.

BTW, Joe nor the family strikes me as the type to "be intrigued" by any of these football clubs. That is over the top for them.

BTW part 2: I like how his sis likes Bengals related tweets involving Joe and people here kind of brush that aside as soon as some rando posts a tweet about the Ravens. He sites "inside source". There is NO inside source better than mine. I can promise you that. Very good chance he comes to Cincy if they make a competitive offer. Let it all play out.

BTW part 3: I'm not so sure Joe LOVED living in Mass. He is also well aware of cost of living and tax rates in different NFL cities. Like anyone else, pay someone a lot of money and they will find a way to live anywhere, but I don't see Joe as the type of guy to love living in the DC/Baltimore area based on things I have been told. Again, could they pay him some insane amount of money and make it work? Sure... but if the Bengals are competitive, I think his choice would be easily made.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens - PDub80 - 03-14-2021, 12:09 PM