Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-21-2015, 02:24 AM)treee Wrote: Because our team isn't decimated by injuries this year. Yet.

This. People don't like excuses and I thought the San Diego letdown was a huge one (playoffs 2014), but injuries killed them last year.

I really wanted a burner WR to "take the top off the defense". I would be surprised if Alford is that guy, but I won't count him out just because he is short. He does have decent arm length and blazing speed. Regardless, they addressed serious depth issues at the TE, offensive line, LB, and DT/DE in the offseason. Injuries will happen, but they are better prepared to deal with them heading in to this year.

I also am a believer in Dalton. That will bring ridicule, but the guy has averaged 10 wins a year with a thin roster and no running game to speak of (until the second half of last year). I think he has, by far, the best roster he has ever had to work with and the defense made some solid, veteran signings (MJ, Sims, Hawk). The fact that there are so many players in their contract year doesn't hurt, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - SHRacerX - 05-21-2015, 08:12 AM