Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
I'm not incredibly optimistic.

We are a better overall team than anyone else in our division for sure, but that doesn't mean we'll sweep. Problem with our division I never feel much better than 3-3 because Pitt/Balt are tough teams in general and Cleveland always plays so darn well at home.

AJ Green's turf toe, Burfict's knee?/head: Probably our two biggest stars on offense defense having nagging or major injuries.

Marvin Jones/Geno Atkins coming back: Hopefully a full year away and playing will bring Geno back to where he was and then I'm still worried about Jones health after he missed all of last season.

Tyler Eifert and TE's in general: I think if Healthy Eifert will be at least good if not great, but we have nothing solid behind him and he's never proven himself to be reliable.

Fortunately I feel good about Dalton, our RB stable, and our offensive line which can take injuries now with our depth.

I feel okay about the rest of the d-line's health, but most of them need to prove something besides Dunlap.

Our back 4 I feel pretty good about even though Newman isn't there to be our veteran safety net. Our S's our solid and healthy. Kirkpatrick has looked okay in limited action and Dennard can hopefully break out. I'm glad we got Jones/Hall because they are consistently reliable. I also am really excited about Josh Shaw so that gives us even more depth back there.

That's just a lot of questions to me. More than likely a lot of them won't end up badly, but there's no doubt some of those concerns will come to pass and with a tougher schedule I could see us ultimately ending up around 8-8 even though on paper and healthy we should win the division.

Hopefully Marvin and co. will surprise us again. Despite not winning a playoff game he has taken this team to the post-season several times when I wasn't sure he could get it done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 05-21-2015, 10:15 AM