Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-22-2015, 01:02 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Sometimes I think to myself it might be better to just be a homer and always excited. As the ole saying goes...ignorance is bliss.

This kind of post annoys me.

Sure, there I things I wish they had done in FA and the draft, but overall show me a team that has retained their top talent heading in to this season while adding some veteran talent in FA and had a very successful draft.

I can't defend Marvin's postseason record, which is now, a record, but I like Hue and I think with a better LB corps this year that Paulie G. will have the defense back in the Top 10, if not the Top 5.

I would put the Bengals chances of making the playoffs around 70%. I don't know where I got that number, but here is my point: They will more than likely make the playoffs again and I believe they will have a home playoff game this year. What gets me excited is what typically wins in the playoffs the Bengals now have (really, for the first time in the Dalton-Green Era): a running game and a defense. The running game came on last year, but the defense was a dud down the stretch without Burfict and no real rotation in the front four. Both of those concerns have been addressed with the veteran Hawk and the rookie Dawson at LB as well as the return of Pat Sims and MJ.

The bottom line is that injuries can hit any team at any time, but I believe that without some major injuries that this team can do some damage in the playoffs. Once that 600lb gorilla is off their backs with their first win in the playoffs, I think they can make a run to win it all. They have the best roster they have ever had, IMHO, with talent and depth. If my being excited for my favorite sports franchise(and it isn't even close) to have a legitimate shot at winning it all makes me a homer, so be it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - SHRacerX - 05-22-2015, 10:06 AM