Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
I feel more confident this year than last year. That's about it. 2013 seems like it was the best opportunity for us not only to get a playoff win, but get to the Super Bowl. They were undefeated at home, were undefeated against playoff teams in the regular season, and had a top 10 offense and defense.

While some players have gotten better, they haven't really added any upgrades. Sure, Kirkpatrick may be better than Newman last year and MJ is definitely and improvement over Hunt and Gilberry, this team hasn't added much. Just depth and future starters.

Although, I think the coordinators no longer being 'rookies' will help as well.

I'm confident that they will make the playoffs. It just depends on how they progress their players. Besides Sanu, Iloka, and Kirkpatrick, did any other player really improve? It seemed like many players regressed as well. Dalton is the obvious choice as to regressing, but there's more. Gio regressed and didn't attack holes like he would in college and his rookie season. Atkins struggled to get back to his All-Pro level; sure one can say injuries hurt him but he also had a full season to amass more than what he did. Leon Hall is another choice.

So while we have a talented roster, players need to progress, and we rarely saw that last year. Now that says something about our roster if players regressed and we still won 10 games. So I'm more confident in this year rather than last year.

The biggest thing for me is that they allow Dalton to be a gun-slinger. He's proven that he is going to throw interceptions and turn the ball over. So why not get him to reach his ceiling since he always hits his floor?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - wolfkaosaun - 05-22-2015, 04:55 PM