Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-22-2015, 05:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And I agree, but this past year they forced into Dalton's mind "Don't make the mistake"; which appeared to override his "make a play" mentality that we needed in certain games.

He was a gun-slinger in 2013. I prefer that to the game manager they tried to make him be last season. Sure, he threw for a little more than 100 attempts that year, but he had the least amount of passing attempts (481) in his entire career. His 2nd lowest? 516 his rookie season.

While there should be more emphasis on the running game this next year, I don't believe that forcing that mindset into Dalton helps him as much as it should.

(05-22-2015, 07:43 PM)McC Wrote: It didn't help him at all.  It hurt his confidence, made him tighten up.  If he's your guy, you have to let him do it with a balanced attack and forget the fear of failure.  I agree with run heavy but you have to be able to sling it too.

Will be interesting to see how they use Eifert and the new TE's.  A good TE is a QB's best friend.  So important to have receivers other than AJ that he trusts.

But you can't go out of your way to take the ball out of the QB's hands.   That's a flashing neon light that tells the defense how to play you.

(05-22-2015, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Something killed Dalton's confidence last season you could see it. The first 5 games and the last 12 were like night and day.

And I totally agree with Wolf and McC, they need to just quit trying to mold Andy into this or that and just let him play. Sure we don't want 55 passes per game but it's not about that. It's about trying to build this or that mindset into him. A couple years ago they tried the unscripted plays mindset, it didn't work either.

Just shut up and play ball.

(05-23-2015, 10:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I keep seeing that people want Dalton to maintain his reduced role to limit his int's, but didn't he throw 17 last year?

2011: 516 attempts - 13 int's (2.52%)
2012: 528 attempts - 16 int's (3.03%)
2013: 586 attempts - 20 int's (3.42%)
2014: 481 attempts - 17 int's (3.53%)

Yeah, it got into his head. You just cannot force him to not throw interceptions apparently.

He needs to loosen up a bit and just do his best. Considerable difference from last year and the rest.

You would of thought the improved running game would of helped him but he still needs to play free out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2015, 01:50 PM