Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-23-2015, 02:29 PM)J24 Wrote: I am confident in this team because its a good football team. Last season we lost Michael Johnson, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith, and Vontaz Burcfict.  We had two new coordinators and our two best defensive players from 2013 didn't regain there elite form there previous injury.  With all of that being said we still found away to make the playoffs and were one fumble away from winning a division title.  #1 were getting back all those guys this season, #2 we did not have to change coordinators this season, and #3 I wouldn't count on Leon coming back to previous form but I do think Geno will be Geno again.  I think this team has the ability to win the super bowl and not just a playoff game.

(05-23-2015, 02:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why am I optimistic about the Bengals this year?

I just have a feeling that by keeping the OL together, and receiving targets coming back healthy, this Bengal Offense is going to put some serious points on the scoreboard this season. With a dominating OL, one of the better RB duos in the league, and an array of large receiving targets, all Andy will have to do is not trip over his own feet in order for this team not to average 31+ points per game.

I also see the Defense regaining some of the swagger that they had, prior to last season. Yes, I am still concerned about the Burfict injury situation, but I really like the addition of Paul Dawson and AJ Hawk at LB. The front 4 should be as good as they were, leading up to when Geno Atkins was injured. I feel like Geno will really want to show that he has made a full recovery. With Atkins crashing the middle of the pocket, I see Dunlap and Michael Johnson getting a lot of sacks funneled their way. The secondary, likely not on anyone's top 5 list at this point, I feel will look like the Seahawks of two years ago, by season's end. I see the secondary being able to take advantage of plenty of rushed/poorly thrown balls, due to the pressure the front 4 will be bringing.

The key to this season will be dominance on both sides of the line of scrimmage. We have the personnel capable of doing the job. All that is left is for Andy to finally assume command, and win a couple of big games.

Man, you guys are making me feel more confident. Thanks. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2015, 03:20 PM