Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Starting Pitching May Stink Again
(04-03-2021, 11:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: To top it off there are zero guarantees with either Greene nor Lodolo and if they do pan out we'll likely lose Castillo and anyone else who can pitch to free agency or a dumb trade somewhere..

(04-03-2021, 11:55 AM)samhain Wrote: If Greene and Lodolo pan out, I'd be over the moon.  Our next half-decade is highly dependent on those two players fulfilling promise.  If they don't, we'll have to hope to get lucky finding guys like Castillo and Gray in other organizations, and that's not overly likely IMO.  

I hate the idea of moving Castillo, but with the way things are going, you almost have to in the next year or so.  The ownership is acting like they are in a financial hole that they won't dig out of for the next 2 seasons, at least.  We are looking at another crap offseason like the one we just endured after this season, per Bob and Phil.  

The only way we bolster the lackluster farm system or the big league roster is by moving high-value assets.  There is no higher value asset than a pitcher with A plus stuff who's still young and has a very affordable contract.  If things go south quick this year, I'm putting Castillo on the block and I'm asking for a king's ransom, plus another GM's arm and maybe a leg, too.  He's a player that you should be able to get a return on that would change your organization in the very near future.  

I'm curious, do either of you think that we will see a salary cap in baseball anytime in the next 10 to 15 years?

I feel like at some point it almost has to happen as the salaries are getting so crazy. 

I'm sure the players committee will argue that it means less money for players, but even in FB and the NBA, you still see mega-contracts for star players.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Starting Pitching May Stink Again - Murdock2420 - 04-03-2021, 01:07 PM