Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your dark horse to make the roster and why?
Darkhorse to the fans: Ghee
It seems like a lot of early roster projections don't include him. I think he has a good shot simply because he has experience, plays ST, and has played both corner and safety. It takes one injury to a top 9 guy for him to make the squad, and his chances only increase if a youngster isn't coming along as quick as we'd like. I'm not saying they'd cut a guy like Smith but I'm saying if they're not comfortable with how raw some of the depth is, maybe they keep him as a 10th guy and more even.

Darkhorse to the team: Obarski
They've been loyal to a lot of guys, Nuge is one of them. We aren't that far removed from him being a rare franchise tagged kicker, but he didn't have a great year. Maybe Obarski hits a few long kicks and Mike misses a new extra point and gets them thinking about it. If they really felt worried about Nuge, they would have signed a vet or drafted a late round kicker, that's why Obarski is still a dark horse though you wouldn't know that from the buzz between fans.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your dark horse to make the roster and why? - phil413 - 05-21-2015, 09:36 PM