Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock of 2021...
(04-15-2021, 04:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love Meinerz and Williams. I don't see how Jones would be there that late, and same goes for Collins, but would be happy if they were.  Don't know as much about Tremble (sure hate his name) but a late round TE makes sense, as does the kicker.  

I just can't get behind passing on Ja'Marr Chase.  Our division had two teams that could blanket Boyd and Higgins with their best guys and we didn't have an answer.  Chase solves that.  I know you aren't one of them, but passing on Sewell doesn't mean you aren't concerned with protecting Burrow.  The Bengals need a draft pick to come in and start at RG.  Bottom line.  That could be a true guard like Meinerz or a projected tackle like Leatherwood.  If you think about it from an NFL averages standpoint, most teams will be prioritizing WR, OT, QB, CB, and DE in the early rounds.  Those are the premium positions.  Guard tends to be a little bit later in the draft. I can't help but think a player like Cleveland or Meinerz would be there at the top of round 3.  The Bengals could get the developmental OT in Rd 2 (Spencer Brown?) and the plug and play guard in Rd 3.  

I just don't see the short-shuttle, gets open NOW-type WR in the 2nd to 4th rounds and if everyone wants to hitch their wagon to Boyd and Higgins, I suggest they watch the all 22 tape from the baltimore and steeler games.  No one was open.  

Yeah, I know you are team Chase I was just trying to solidify the trenches with this Draft and this isn't messing around as you 
can see ha ha. I am going to do a Chase Mock later today that I think you will like a lot more. One thing about this if Nico fell 
to the 4th he would be that guy that could get open and open things up for Boyd and Higgins. 

Cade Johnson is also a speedster.

Thanks for the thoughts man.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - tms - 04-13-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - pulses - 04-14-2021, 04:10 AM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - pulses - 04-14-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - bfine32 - 04-14-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Nate's first Mock of 2021... - Burma - 04-15-2021, 07:22 PM