#69 Dyami Brown WR North Carolina
#106. Quincy Roche Edge Miami, Fl
#111. Kyle Trask QB Florida
#157. Marvin Wilson DT FSU
#190. Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
#193. Justin Hilliard LB OSU
#202. Tamorrion Terry WR FSU
#235. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

The middle of the oline is now much more secure for JB. He picked up three massive offensive weapons. A little defense sprinkled in to help add to our defensive FA additions. Smith can play G, or T in a pinch. Meinerz can play C or G. A young OT in Jackson for depth. An actual real back up QB just in case our starter gets injured again.

Good luck to the rest of the league in trying to stop our passing game.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: #7. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
#41. Trey Smith G Tennessee
#45. Quinn Meinerz C Wiscy Whitewater

The middle of the oline is now much more secure for JB. He picked up three massive offensive weapons. A little defense sprinkled in to help add to our defensive FA additions. Smith can play G, or T in a pinch. Meinerz can play C or G. A young OT in Jackson for depth. An actual real back up QB just in case our starter gets injured again.

Alaric Jackson at best might be able to play RT in the NFL but that is questionable as well. More than likely will transition to guard because he is heavy footed. 

Sorry but I really do not like this at all. Pitts is not a Kelcy...Kelcy can block as well as catch.

Trey Smith cannot play OT at the NFL level. Like him as a guard but he almost completely a power blocking scheme only guard. Also, the blood clot issues in his family are a serious concern.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sorry but I really do not like this at all. Pitts is not a Kelcy...Kelcy can block as well as catch.

Trey Smith cannot play OT at the NFL level. Like him as a guard but he almost completely a power blocking scheme only guard. Also, the blood clot issues in his family are a serious concern.

Pitts at #7 is a gift. Smith was drafted to play G. We already have a RT. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sorry but I really do not like this at all. Pitts is not a Kelcy...Kelcy can block as well as catch.

Complaining about Pitts’ blocking is like complaining about Sewell’s catching on a tackle eligible play.
Reply/Quote
You address almost all the position groups! Cool. Roche in the 4th would be solid value. Just gotta keep bringing in edges and hoping someone will stick. He looks like a Bengal too, and I can see him being groomed behind Hendrickson. I also like Vincent. We just need his ball skills. I keep harkening back to Marv's early years when we had a pedestrian D (similar to now), but did have hawks all over the field and that made up for it. I'd love more guys who could turn the ball over. Vincent would fall in that mould imo.

Not the biggest fan of Terry and Jackson, tho. I've got my eyes on a few late-round WRs like Powell, Coxie and Marlon Wiliams. Jackson looked putrid at the Senior Bowl lol, I'd stay away myself. But those are Day 3s, more a question of personal style. No rights and wrongs.

Great mock.
Reply/Quote

Pitts was inconsistent as a run blocker, but his lowest pass blocking grade in his 3 seasons was 70...so it's not he can't block.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: #7. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
#41. Trey Smith G Tennessee
#45. Quinn Meinerz C Wiscy Whitewater

Love it, trading back and still getting Pitts while adding picks? I am game. Love all the picks too and getting Alaric that late is a
major steal. Think he would be a good one to learn behind Reiff for a couple years. Great job CoachMcNeil.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 03:18 PM)tms Wrote: You address almost all the position groups! Cool. Roche in the 4th would be solid value. Just gotta keep bringing in edges and hoping someone will stick. He looks like a Bengal too, and I can see him being groomed behind Hendrickson. I also like Vincent. We just need his ball skills. I keep harkening back to Marv's early years when we had a pedestrian D (similar to now), but did have hawks all over the field and that made up for it. I'd love more guys who could turn the ball over. Vincent would fall in that mould imo.

Not the biggest fan of Terry and Jackson, tho. I've got my eyes on a few late-round WRs like Powell, Coxie and Marlon Wiliams. Jackson looked putrid at the Senior Bowl lol, I'd stay away myself. But those are Day 3s, more a question of personal style. No rights and wrongs.

Great mock.

Appreciate the feedback. My case for T. Terry is pretty simple. He's a big WR 6'4" that settles in open spots and catches the ball well in traffic. He ran 4.44 at his pro day, so speed and size aren't of concern with this kid. He had horrendous QB play while at FSU. Had to learn more than one system and endured multiple coaching changes.

This kid is a late bloomer and just needs some solid coaching. He's hungry to taste success, which is something that he rarely glimpsed while at FSU. IMHO, he's an excellent candidate to run a flier on in the late rounds.
Reply/Quote
That would be quite the haul if it played out like that. There are a bunch of guys that I think will go much earlier, but you just never know what will happen on draft day.

The only major thing I see that could screw all this up is that I truly think Pitts is going #4, but you play the hand you're dealt in the simlulator - nice work
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 12:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That would be quite the haul if it played out like that.  There are a bunch of guys that I think will go much earlier, but you just never know what will happen on draft day.

The only major thing I see that could screw all this up is that I truly think Pitts is going #4, but you play the hand you're dealt in the simlulator  - nice work

Agree about Pitts to ATL, and about the simulations as well. Sometimes they seem a little far fetched, but as you said you play the hand you're dealt. 
Reply/Quote
This is great coach
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote