Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
Just finished watching 2021 Vikings-Atlanta and 2021 Vikings - Bears on NFL Network
I was very impressed with Riley Reiff at Left Tackle. Very good in both passing and the run game.
His addition to our Off Line along with Pollack has me re-thinking drafting Sewell in the first.

I feel pretty confident that we can draft a Guard and/or Center with our 2nd and 3rd pick.

Williams (LT), Sua Filo (LG), Hopkins ©, Spain (RG), Reiff (RT)

Would love to add a Humphrey/Dickerson at Center and Wyatt Davis at Guard.

Williams (LT), Spain (LG), Humphrey ©, Davis (RG), Reiff (RT)
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Just finished watching 2021 Vikings-Atlanta and 2021 Vikings - Bears on NFL Network
I was very impressed with Riley Reiff at Left Tackle. Very good in both passing and the run game.
His addition to our Off Line along with Pollack has me re-thinking drafting Sewell in the first.

I feel pretty confident that we can draft a Guard and/or Center with our 2nd and 3rd pick.

Landon Dickerson is my 4th ranked lineman in this draft behind Sewell, Slater and Vera-Tucker. People are talking a lot about tackle, but the interior was pure shit last year. Dickerson could play center or guard, and provide an huge upgrade. Having watched a ton of his videos lately, I keep coming away thinking FFS, this guy is impressive. I know he has the injury history, but if he can stay healthy, he's an absolute beast with a really nasty attitude on the field, that would be the leader this o-line for years. I would take the risk on him 10 times out of 10.
Reply/Quote
The big weakness of the line is the horror story behind the starters. Both Jordan and Reiff are legit NFL starting Tackles, ditto XSF and Spain are legit NFL starting caliber Guards. Trey is good for Center. The problem is behind them we have garbage like MJ and Redmond and unproven late round or UFDA like Johnson and Adeniji.

We have to dip at least twice in this draft at OL, and preferably Guards both times. Then cut Jordan and Redmond and under no circumstances bring them back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Landon Dickerson is my 4th ranked lineman in this draft behind Sewell, Slater and Vera-Tucker. People are talking a lot about tackle, but the interior was pure shit last year. Dickerson could play center or guard, and provide an huge upgrade. Having watched a ton of his videos lately, I keep coming away thinking FFS, this guy is impressive. I know he has the injury history, but if he can stay healthy, he's an absolute beast with a really nasty attitude on the field, that would be the leader this o-line for years. I would take the risk on him 10 times out of 10.

I really like him as well but some think he is not a very good 2nd level blocker which is why Humphrey is ranked higher. I have watched this highlight videos and would have no problem with Bengals drafting him. If you re-watch many of the Bengals games you will notice that Hopkins is not a very good run blocker. The line would be much improved if we have Dickerson at Center.
I am also happy we picked up Thaddeus Moss. He is a good blocking tight-end with a good catch radius.
Reply/Quote
Problem with Dickerson is you have both him and Trey Hopkins coming off late ACL injuries.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
A center I like is Drake Jackson, although I’m biased. He’ll be available on day 3. Started 4 years at UK. Regardless I hope we take 2 IOL.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Problem with Dickerson is you have both him and Trey Hopkins coming off late ACL injuries.

Looks like Dickerson is progressing pretty well...

'the actual “rehab” portion of his recovery ended about two weeks ago, when doctors and trainers cleared him to start working out again. He says he’s able to lift and condition now like he could in November, before the injury happened. And while he hasn’t slipped on a pair of shoulder pads yet, he’s been able to do some position-specific field drills that show his lateral mobility is back where it should be, which shows he’s healing fast'. - SI
Reply/Quote
I’ve been a fan of Humphrey for a long time, but a healthy Dickerson is the best IOL in the draft
Reply/Quote
I find Dickerson draft stock fascinating it seems pretty high for a guy who has finished 3 out 4 years with a season ending injury. Everything I have read is late first to early second . Usually that type of prospect is a late 3rd early 4th Rd selection.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Just finished watching 2021 Vikings-Atlanta and 2021 Vikings - Bears on NFL Network

I hope they can extend Reiff after this year provided he can
Still produce at a high level. 
Reiff is a such great technician. He is like a poor mans Joe Thomas
Reply/Quote
I fear Dickerson is going to be a Steeler and take over as another stud C for a decade since their last one retired
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I fear Dickerson is going to be a Steeler and take over as another stud C for a decade since their last one retired

It would be fitting.  He seems like he'll be hurt half the time, much like Pouncey has been.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, it definitely isn't Sewell or nothing with Reiff now here and I bet he plays well for us and we extend him too.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 08:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve been a fan of Humphrey for a long time, but a healthy Dickerson is the best IOL in the draft

Too bad Dickerson is rarely healthy. I take Creed everytime for this very reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 07:11 PM)tBengal Wrote: A center I like is Drake Jackson, although I’m biased. He’ll be available on day 3. Started 4 years at UK. Regardless I hope we take 2 IOL.

Could he possibly be better than 1st round graded B. Price?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Landon Dickerson is my 4th ranked lineman in this draft behind Sewell, Slater and Vera-Tucker. People are talking a lot about tackle, but the interior was pure shit last year. Dickerson could play center or guard, and provide an huge upgrade. Having watched a ton of his videos lately, I keep coming away thinking FFS, this guy is impressive. I know he has the injury history, but if he can stay healthy, he's an absolute beast with a really nasty attitude on the field, that would be the leader this o-line for years. I would take the risk on him 10 times out of 10.

I love Dickerson, too.  His injury could cause him to slide and the Bengals might get a steal in a later round.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I fear Dickerson is going to be a Steeler and take over as another stud C for a decade since their last one retired

One guy I can all but guarantee will be a steeler is D'Wayne Eskridge.  He is a slot WR, but an amazing kick returner and even played some CB his senior season to help his team.  I hope we get him at the top of Rd 5 and pitt loses out on him.  We lost Erickson, who was our backup slot WR.  This kid couldn't be stopped at the Senior Bowl.  He is tough as nails, too. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: The big weakness of the line is the horror story behind the starters. Both Jordan and Reiff are legit NFL starting Tackles, ditto XSF and Spain are legit NFL starting caliber Guards. Trey is good for Center. The problem is behind them we have garbage like MJ and Redmond and unproven late round or UFDA like Johnson and Adeniji.

We have to dip at least twice in this draft at OL, and preferably Guards both times. Then cut Jordan and Redmond and under no circumstances bring them back.

This my biggest thing too. Williams and Reiff make up a good, dare I say above average, pair of starting tackles. The problem is Williams is injury prone and coming off an injury this coming season. We can't really expect him to remain healthy at this point. If we assume he'll miss 4 to 6 games this year, who is our LT during those times? 

Reiff hasn't historically had many injury problems, but you could ask the same question at RT.

And both guard spots.

And then at center we're already playing our back up in Price to start the year (most likely, anyway), so to say we have no depth behind him would be an understatement.

When you have an offensive line this thin such that a single injury ruins your entire strategy, I'd say you absolutely need to prioritize that posiiton in the draft. 

I don't mind if we go Chase as long as our 2nd and 3rd round picks are Olinemen (or maybe 2nd and 4th if you see a really good pass rusher drop to the third round). I'd prefer we guarantee the blue chip prospect at OT in the first but understand that we're likely going Chase at this point so I've made peace with that. But we need at least 2 new Olinemen by the end of the 5th round, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 08:27 PM)J24 Wrote: I find Dickerson draft stock fascinating it seems pretty high for a guy who has finished 3 out 4 years with a season ending injury.

4 out of 5. There was a medical redshirt in the middle of that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4 out of 5. There was a medical redshirt in the middle of that.

Dickerson and Williams can keep each other company in the training room.
Reply/Quote