Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason ratings/Super Bowl odds
Those of you that feel really good about the Bengals free agency signings should take a look at the Vegas betting odds. The oddsmakers think the men in stripes have done a poor job in the offseason (as do I). Only two teams, have worse odds to win the super Bowl at this point, The Lions and Texans. I guess there's one good thing to come out of the Bengals finishing last in the AFC North again is that Zach Taylor, and his unbelievably inexperienced coaching staff, will be gone. No wait, I forgot. This is the Bengals. The team could finish 4-11-1 again and David Shula, I mean Zach Taylor, could still get a contract extension.

https://www.thelines.com/next-year-super-bowl-odds-lvi-56-49ers-eagles-titans-bears-broncos-2022/
Reply/Quote
Yeah, looking at those odds, they shouldn't even play the games! /s
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m typically optimistic but we have a downright brutal schedule. People can rip Taylor all they want and I’m on board but the reason Bengals won’t win the SB or make the playoffs this year is because of Lou. Let’t not forget his squad allowed a 400 yard rushing game last season. The fact he is still on staff is a joke.
Reply/Quote
So your saying we have a chance? Noice!

Reply/Quote
I'll also point out the Bucaneers were +6600 before the season started last year. I don't think the Bengals have much of a chance either, but I also thought Brady would regret leaving the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Well hell, on to 2022 I guess since Vegas determines the standings.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:17 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’m typically optimistic but we have a downright brutal schedule. People can rip Taylor all they want and I’m on board but the reason Bengals won’t win the SB or make the playoffs this year is because of Lou.  Let’t not forget his squad allowed a 400 yard rushing game last season. The fact he is still on staff is a joke.

Lou Anarumo is here because Zac Taylor is here.
So.no.the blame has to be on Zac Taylor.
Anarumo was not on any other teams radar to be
DC. Zac simply wasnt going to hire any coordinators with 
Head coaching experience. He is too insecure 
This will be ZTs 3rd year. I did not see any growth
In.his ability to.coach from.year 1 to 2.

The fact is ZTs resume did not define him as
HC material at the NFL level. At no point in his
Coaching career did establish success for long
Periods of him.
He did not improve a coaching room in a better
Place when he exited it.
When he was OC at U of Cincy what was their ranking
168 or something.

Zac really lacks a creative mind to call plays
He has a  7 on 7 flag football mentality 
Guys built to succeed as NFL HC are 3 plays
Ahead of the defense.  
They set defenses up. Zac is so bad at exposing
Mismstches on the field. 
Sometimes  your QB can make enough plays
To overshadow inept coaching at times. 
But eventually the defense will adjust and expose the inept coaching. Good coaches adjust to.adjustments.
Not ZT. 
This can be a incredible offensive draft haul for the Bengals
But let's be honest. 
Can we really trust ZT to outscheme the other DC
On Sunday ? 

6 wins in 2 years. Thats worse than Freddie Kitchens
Greg Williams
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:42 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Lou Anarumo is here because Zac Taylor is here.
So.no.the blame has to be on Zac Taylor.
Anarumo was not on any other teams radar to be
DC. Zac simply wasnt going to hire any coordinators with 
Head coaching experience. He is too insecure 
This will be ZTs 3rd year. I did not see any growth
In.his ability to.coach from.year 1 to 2.

The fact is ZTs resume did not define him as
HC material at the NFL level.
At no point in his
Coaching career did establish success for long
Periods of him.
He did not improve a coaching room in a better
Place when he exited it.
When he was OC at U of Cincy what was their ranking
168 or something.

Zac really lacks a creative mind to call plays
He has a  7 on 7 flag football mentality 

HEre let me rep you.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 09:10 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: Those of you that feel really good about the Bengals free agency signings should take a look at the Vegas betting odds. The oddsmakers think the men in stripes have done a poor job in the offseason (as do I). Only two teams, have worse odds to win the super Bowl at this point, The Lions and Texans. I guess there's one good thing to come out of the Bengals finishing last in the AFC North again is that Zach Taylor, and his unbelievably inexperienced coaching staff, will be gone. No wait, I forgot. This is the Bengals. The team could finish 4-11-1 again and David Shula, I mean Zach Taylor,  could still get a contract extension.

https://www.thelines.com/next-year-super-bowl-odds-lvi-56-49ers-eagles-titans-bears-broncos-2022/

Through their first two seasons, Taylor has been worse than Shula.

Lou was Taylor's choice.

The team has a last place schedule this season. They had a last place schedule last season and managed a meager 4 wins.

I see strings off losses in 2021, sadly.

Reply/Quote
Betting markets reflect how the odds makers perceive people betting rather than on how they perceive the team doing. A smaller market team such as the Bengals will always be priced longer than a more high profile team like the Cowboys would be in the same position. The idea that the Bengals would be significantly shorter odds with a different coach/off-season is frankly laughable. They're an unfashionable franchise and will be priced accordingly.

Don't think I'll be having a flutter myself this year (I haven't backed them since 2015 when I felt they were ridiculously long for the talent available) but I think they will exceed the low market expectation - as I believe they did last year when they constantly beat the spread.
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. You guys don't realize that by changing uniforms Zac automatically becomes a football savant along with the rest of the coaching staff.
I didn't get to be my age by not washing my jeans too many times and having them change from indigo blue to just faded blue over night.. No..I PLANNED it 40 years in advance and look at me now..I own an empire of rags that are generally too big for my skinny ass.  You're just not seeing the big picture. Las Vegas? Whaddo they know about changing a uniform every 20 years or so anyway? Changing a uniform is the key to EVERYTHING, but I digress.. Just because to date Zac has shown to be a jerkoff with no creativity doesn't mean he won't become the preeminent mind in all of sports history with a uniform change!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I miss the good old days when we didn't throw in the towel on the season until after the first pre-season game had been played.

Meanwhile., putting my money on a Lions/Bengals SB. Man, I'm gonna clean up.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I can't argue much with this rating. But that does not mean I can't have legitimate reasons to be optimistic. If we add a startibg O-lineman in the draft i think we can have a good offense.

Coaching is the big problem. None of our head coach/ coordinators have ever been successful. I believe we have some good talent on defense but I don't know what we will get out of it.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So your saying we have a chance? Noice!

Hope is the thing without feathers.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hope is the thing without feathers.

Emily Dickinson. Nice.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 06:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Emily Dickinson. Nice.

I liked Angie Dickinson better.. Now she's just another has-been old TV/movie star..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't argue much with this rating.  But that does not mean I can't have legitimate reasons to be optimistic. If we add a startibg O-lineman in the draft i think we can have a good offense.

Coaching is the big problem.  None of our head coach/ coordinators have ever been successful.  I believe we have some good talent on defense but I don't know what we will get out of it.

its always fun to watch the young talent grow into their roles.. then be productive for other teams lol
Reply/Quote
If we can run and stop the run better we can be a good team, imo. If we try to be an air raid team again, who knows what will happen. Got to get some pressure on the QB's too.
Reply/Quote