Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for Draft Day
1. Favorite Food? - Skyline Chili Dip with pigs in a blanket. Or Wings (Medium Buffalo w/ Ranch).

2. Where do you watch? - Home usually, sometimes Bdubs.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - Unfortunately I don't have NFLN anymore, so ESPN it is.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? Kiper.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - I like to see other teams picks after the first round. Never the Bengals picks and I don't leak them.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I create my own BB and scratch names off as they're selected. Usually an excel sheet.

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - 25. It's comparable to a game for me.

I figured this would be a good change of pace from the civil war talk.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:58 AM)Takedown Wrote: 1. Favorite Food? - Skyline Chili Dip with pigs in a blanket. Or Wings (Medium Buffalo w/ Ranch).

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - Unfortunately I don't have NFLN anymore, so ESPN it is.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - I like to see other teams picks after the first round. Never the Bengals picks and I don't leak them.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I create my own BB and scratch names off as they're selected. Usually an excel sheet.

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - 25. It's comparable to a game for me.

1.  At 8 o'clock on the first night, it will be pizza.  The other days will be burgers on the grill

2   home

3  ESPN.  I'm so used to that jingle before the pick

4. Used to be Mayock because he liked our Og pick. Now it's none

5  Always watch the pick on tv

6  Sort of have a big board but usually just tag along on the Bengals draft thread where names are mentioned

7  i'm retired but when i worked I put in vacation days for this
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Before I got married, pizza. Not sure what it'll be this year.

2. Home

3.NFLN if I have access to it but flip between during commercials or long drags to see what the other analysts say.

4. Kiper by default. Love NFLN analysts.

5. Try to watch every pick on TV but sometime I have to follow up on twitter/FB.

6. No BB, just go based on the analysts and this board

7. 12/10. It's my one hobby that I've kept since high school.
Reply/Quote
1. Favorite Food? - Thursday is salad night, but I will probably change it up... Perhaps I'll order pizza, but we'll see.

2. Where do you watch? - Without pandemic, day 1 was always at Boston Pizza with my good Romanian friend (who is a Broncos fan). That was a tradition we had from 2016, up until last year. Now, all three rounds are at home; I don't move from my couch unless it's to go to the bathroom, fo all three days lol.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - NFLN. I appreciated the mix last year and it was interesting to FINALLY hear Kiper, as I've never watched a draft with him, but I like the NFLN guys significantly-more.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? Florio, if you want to call him one; I don't mind practically everyone.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - I only look up picks on the 'net if it's one of ours (AFTER they've been chosen), so I can read up if I don't know them or if I've missed a pick or two because of stupid Canadian commercials over the US feed/get up to go to the washroom.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - No BB; I just enjoy it and look players up on the fly.

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - Infinity. Like mentioned above, this is comparable to a game for me, even on day 3.

Really looking forward to this and it'll be a nice break from car-related things for one weekend (every week and weekend since middle of March, I've had to do something on the car {improvements/cosmetic/general maintenance, not major repairs} and while I enjoy doing them/going to get them done at a shop, it'll be a nice pause).

When I lived at home, everyone dreaded draft weekend and now living with my wife, she doesn't really, "dread," it, but she's not a fan LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:58 AM)Takedown Wrote: 1. Favorite Food? - Skyline Chili Dip with pigs in a blanket. Or Wings (Medium Buffalo w/ Ranch).

I'm gonna do a couple of these out of order.

2. On Day Two (Friday) I'm setting up the canopy tents and my 18 Foot inflatable outdoor TV projection screen and a bunch of family and friends are coming over. Last Fall was a dead year because of Covid and we decided that day would be perfect for a small party. We will likely spend most of the day ridge running on 4wheelers and side by sides lol.

1. While not my favorite food I'm going to slow cook alot of Chili with hotdogs thrown in for chili dogs. Also a bunch of frozen fries and onion rings in a huge air frier I got for Christmas that I still havent used.

3. I prefer NFL Network.

4. Mel Kiper is awful but Charles Davis has always rubbed me the wrong way.

5. I like waiting for the TV announcement but I usually get a text from a friend that works for ESPN. (He's the guy that did the video cut of Joe Mixon's draft interview from 2 minutes to 30 seconds lol.)

6. Meh no need for a big board for a fan on draft day.

7. I'm a huge draft fanatic. I watch a ton of college football alot more than I do professional.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
1) Draft Night Food.....Steak and Salad
2) Where do I watch....Home
3) ESPN or NFLN.....Usually NFLN unless Michael Irvin is on, can't stand that idiot
4) Least favorite Draft dude.....Probably Kiper
5) TV or Twitter....I don't have twitter
6) Big Board.....Don't have one, I'm not really making the pick, so it would be waste of time. No offense if that's your thing.
7) Excitement level....8 I look forward to this every year
Reply/Quote

1.  Probably Skyline Chili Dip as symbolic for the night.

2.  Usually at home so I can be at my computer while I post and read about it (I know I could on my phone if I was out somewhere but then I wouldn't be able to check all the info or respond as quickly.  This year, this Russian babe wants me to go to Belterra park tomorrow with her, so I might do that and just take a break from everything to watch most of the picks.

3.  Flip between NFLN and ESPN.

4.  Kiper

5.  No.  That ruins the surprise of the formal announcement.

6.  Just follow online but know who I want.

7.  Most exciting day that's not actual football!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm gonna do a couple of these out of order.

2. On Day Two (Friday) I'm setting up the canopy tents and my 18 Foot inflatable outdoor TV projection screen and a bunch of family and friends are coming over. Last Fall was a dead year because of Covid and we decided that day would be perfect for a small party. We will likely spend most of the day ridge running on 4wheelers and side by sides lol.

1. While not my favorite food I'm going to slow cook alot of Chili with hotdogs thrown in for chili dogs. Also a bunch of frozen fries and onion rings in a huge air frier I got for Christmas that I still havent used.

3. I prefer NFL Network.

4. Mel Kiper is awful but Charles Davis has always rubbed me the wrong way.

5. I like waiting for the TV announcement but I usually get a text from a friend that works for ESPN. (He's the guy that did the video cut of Joe Mixon's draft interview from 2 minutes to 30 seconds lol.)

6. Meh no need for a big board for a fan on draft day.

7. I'm a huge draft fanatic. I watch a ton of college football alot more than I do professional.

Didn't think of him; I don't consider him a draft guy, but he's shit at his job, he's always unnecessarily bashing the Bengals and he just overall sucks.

Good call.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
1. I don’t know but I can assure you it will be bad for my health.

2. Home but next year I’m thinking about going to Vegas for the draft (I live in So Cal)

3. I flip between both channels but I prefer the NFL Network.

4. I like most of them but Florio sucks.

5. No. I like not knowing until I hear it announced.

6. No big board. Just read about players the Bengals pick on my phone while watching.

7. Way higher than it would be for someone who actually has a life. I am taking Friday off of work so that I don’t have have to worry about staying up late/watching all of the Thursday and Friday coverage.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:58 AM)Takedown Wrote: 1. Favorite Food? - Volcano pizza at Archers.  My buttole hates me day 2, but it is so good. 

2. Where do you watch? - Day 1 at Archers with my buddies and my pops.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - Whatever they have on.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? Not sure he is even on any more, but I hated when Berman would say:   "And now for the most interesting 10 minutes of the draft, the Bengals are on the clock".  

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? -I track all the picks from all teams as it whittles down what I have remaining for our team. 

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I create my own BB and scratch names off as they're selected. Usually an excel sheet. (same, but I use a highlighter).  

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - 10.   I am a draft nut.  Absolute best weekend of the year.  

Reply/Quote

1. Favorite Food? - Back when I lived in Ohio, I would always pick up Skyline cheese coneys on draft day. Now, I typically make my own or will get wings from a local wing shop here in town.

2. Where do you watch? - Home. I did go to the draft on Day 3 in 2019 when it was in Nashville. It was amazing.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - NFL Network always.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? Anyone from ESPN, dunno why. Maybe it's because I've always seen ESPN as mainstream. My favorite analysts have been those on NFL.com. Mayock when he was there, and now Daniel Jeremiah and Lance Zierlein.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - I try to avoid looking at Twitter for at least a few picks before the Bengals' selections in Rds 1 and 2.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I don't really "create" my own, but I usually look for consistencies between 3-4 sites to estimate where I think people will go. Nowadays, it's a combo between NFL.com prospects list, TheDraftNetwork, ProFootballNetwork, and PFF. I used to reference CBS Sports, but it's gone downhill since Brugler and Rang left. I make my mocks by hand, I don't do simulations because I think the simulations are less realistic.

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - Between 8 and 9. The only reason it's not a 10 is because I'm tired of the Chase vs Sewell debate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Great thread must bump Takedown.

1 - Hot wings and Nachos always with Brewskies, lots of'em.

2 - My place on the big screen.

3 - On ABC as they have the espn connection. Won't pay for espn. Sick

4 - Same, it be Kiper.

5 - Mostly Bengals always look to see in front of or in back of our pick to see a player I really liked get picked. Concentrate
mostly on our Division though. Hate seeing our rivals take players I really like. Whatever

6 - Custom and the Brain. Cool

7 - Excitement level for the Draft is crazy for me, like Christmas or us preparing for the Playoffs.Pervert
Reply/Quote
1. Favorite Food? - Wings

2. Where do you watch? - Bengal Message Board

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - Switch back and forth depending on commercials

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? I don't hate

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - No twitter. no leaking, but there's always a couple tools trolling the forum

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - My noggin

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - 
[Image: mEL0__.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
1. Favorite Food? - You guys threw out some great options and I'm on a diet. I may get a small Skyline 3 way if I'm not traveling.

2. Where do you watch? - Up until last year me and a buddy did the BW3 thing. It was annoying when the TV's weren't synched up well, you'd hear half the place cheer or boo and you don't know what's going on. My buddy is a Browns fan and high risk, health wise not because he's a Browns fan. I'm going to see if he had the shot and if we're doing that again.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - Thankfully BW3 has all the options but ESPN's audio cued up. Since Mayock isn't there I'm fine with tradition and ESPN.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? NOT Kiper. He's a character no matter if he's oblivious to it or not. I used to buy his books back in middle school and carried a briefcase of draft stuff before the net was big, I can't clown on the man. What I hate(d) is when they started taking every opportunity to pin Kiper vs McShay just for drama. Give me the data and move on.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - I tried the twitter thing but it's more fun being part of a big reaction at the sports bar. Even at home last year I just watched it and looked the player up at that moment.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I think more than a few of us have looked at enough prospects to sort of eyeball it. That and as you get into your 40's it seems like it's okay to forget things. Hey this guy is still around, nice!

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. 6, likely for the wrong reasons. I don't think the Bengals can "mess it up" either way with Chase, Sewell, trade back or even Pitts. I"m a little concerned they'll take Slater outright or deal down to far to get a high end BPA. I think it will be a relief to have the drama over. What I'm not looking forward to is this board. There is too much emotional investment and a literal civil war, it should be fun but I feel like the general attitude is going to be rough from half the board for a while either way. I hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
1. Favorite Food? - Pizza.

2. Where do you watch? - Usually at home, but my buddy wants to go to Twin Peaks this year.

3. ESPN, NFLN or other? - ESPN.

4. Least favorite Draft Analyst? - Mel Kiper.

5. Do you like to see who the pick is on twitter or another source before its announced? If so, is it just the Bengals picks or all picks? - On Days 1 and 2 I try to follow along on TV. Will probably just follow social media or this board on Day 3.

6. What do you use for your big board? Website or custom BB? - I don't get that involved. I just look at position groups of need for the Bengals and start crossing guys off as they get selected. See who we have left to choose from.

7. Excitement level for April 29th, 2021 at 8pm EST? 1-10. - 10. I've been onto the Draft since Burrow's injury.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote