Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-27-2021, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said I wouldn't respond, but since you insist on being disrespectful in your reply, I guess I'll respond one time. A back and forth with you can go on til draft day, so this is only to clarify that one point that you selected to pick at.

Imo, teams don't often pay a star QB and a pair of high priced WRs. If you can give me several current examples, I'll stand corrected. Until then, your snarky dismissal is just more of you campaigning for Chase.

On the other hand, teams commonly pay 2 tackles.

(04-27-2021, 02:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Teams currently paying 2 WR's $15+ mil APY

Browns
Buccaneers

Teams currently paying 2 WR's $10+ mil APY

Giants
Rams
Dolphins

Teams currently paying 2 OT's $15+ mil APY

none

Teams currently paying 2 OT's $10+ mil APY

Broncos
Cowboys

I will apologize for being snarky, but your statement is obviously untrue.

You might want to re-read my statement. Cool 

Bucs QB - Tom Brady - $10.5 million cap hit
Browns - Baker Mayfield - $10.5 million cap hit
Giants - Daniel Jones - $7.1 million cap hit

The Rams are the only ones paying a QB and a pair of WRs, but both of those WR's are making less than $6 million this year. If they don't produce big time with Stafford, Woods can be cut next year, and Kupp can be cut in 2023, according to Spotrac.

With the Cowboys, who is your 2nd WR making 10+ average? I see Amari Cooper and that's it. CeeDee Lamb is 2 years into a 4 year/14 million deal.

Btw, you should use cap hits for 2021 if you want to prove anything, because who knows how the Rams situation (your only semi-valid example) will turn out once Woods and Cupp's big money kicks in, and the Rams can get out from under at least one of them. They'd better produce big time this year.

-------------

As for the 2 tackles, Jonah really hasn't proven he'll get a big contract yet anyway. Dude can't stay healthy. The Bills are paying $11.4 million for one Tackle, and $6.1 million for the other (2021 cap hits), and I could see a similar situation here...if Jonah can actually stay healthy and produce.

The Browns are paying 3 linemen over $10 million in 2021. But only one Tackle. So you got me on a technicality.

The Cowboys are paying 3 linemen between $6.8 million and $10 million.

The Broncos are paying a Tackle $13 million and a Guard $11.6 million.

The Colts are paying their Center and 2 Guards a total of $30 million.

I only went through 14 teams and found all these examples. I'm sure you'll say "but they're not 2 Tackles"...but here's the thing: The Bengals don't value interior line. If they dump money on 2 linemen, it's going to be the 2 Tackles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2021, 10:02 PM