Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predicting NFL playoff teams and Super Bowl 2022 winner
(05-11-2021, 07:47 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Oh, there's been years when they haven't been serious contenders, but no losing seasons since 2003.  Only team in the division that can say that.  Everyone else has had at least three in that time.  

I (weakly) tried with the Smack Talk but I want to give my honest thoughts...

It really is amazing the Steelers have had such consistency. Having a franchise QB is half the battle but some years he's been hurt and they still find a way to be in it. Some of the things Tomlin does and says makes me think he's not a good coach but the results speak for themselves. I think there really is something to continuity being a main factor in success and my Ravens are a good example of that.

But this is the year I think they drop off and I haven't said that before. I know others have many times. 1) The Division is really tough 2) Ben is physically limited 3) They want to re-commit to running but they don't have the Oline for it 4) The moves they've made over the last few years were made to win now and they keep kicking the can down the road. Eventually that catches up to you. 5) They can't go back to the flag football offense they ran last year. It was a gimmick that ran it's course.

It looks like a 7-10 team to me. And until they find a franchise QB, it will get worse by the year. The defense is still very good so I don't think they completely bottom out. But that might hurt them from drafting high enough to hit on a QB. And with their cap, it will be hard to buy a franchise QB. I think the GM should be on notice.

Ravens/Steelers games have brought me a lot of excitement over the years. But I'd bet that shifts to Ravens/Browns.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predicting NFL playoff teams and Super Bowl 2022 winner - Bmore Birds - 05-11-2021, 02:04 PM