Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Biggest Needs for Next Offseason
(05-03-2021, 04:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean Hendrickson doesn't have the height-length combo?
He's 6'4", 270 lb.
Are you thinking he's still too small? Or too big?

I think if a 5-12 record happens, Taylor is definitely gone.
I might lean toward Joe Brady as the next HC though, as the Bengals invested a lot into turning the offense into the 2019 LSU Tigers. They may want to cap it off with getting the OC from that team.

To small; I don't think Hendrickson has the preferred Arm length to be a true Base End( he has 32 inch arms when 33 inch and above is preferred) in  Zimmers scheme.  If he is on the roster next season I think he will be used more as a Nickel Edge guy. 

With that being said if Oassi performs like he is capable of this season that would solidify his role as top Nickel Edge for the future. Which would put Hendrickson and his expensive contract in a tough spot. The Bengals could save 7 million in cap next season if they cut him.

Brady would be an excellent choice but he is a young guy that resembles  Zac. I don't think the organization would want to hire a similar guy to Zac after the debacle that is the Zac era. 

If they cut Wayne and Hendrickson that could give them 18 million in cap space they could use on an elite offensive lineman in FA.

I have Zimmer as the next coach because A.) The Defense will need a ton of work and bringing that back to prominence will be a huge deal for the front office. B.) Plus Zimmer just fits  the organization  + the fans love him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 Biggest Needs for Next Offseason - J24 - 05-03-2021, 05:29 PM