Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-19-2021, 12:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my point was he went 10-6 first year and sadly it seemd Miami went into a spiral.. im not saying they should have let him go but after what happen in NY maybe it was the right move.  With that said rebounds don;t always happen overnight and like in Miami case.. one winning season does not mean rebound either.

It has been mentioned many times there are some great to good coaches that were given time to turn a struggling team around.. 3 to 4 years is really a fair timeline for coaches unless there are major fights within organization maybe coupled with things like dissension with coaches and players or big trades or signings that don't work or just terrible 3 years of drafts.. 

I don;t see ZT having those types of issues.. I do think this year will be crucial for him to continue to coach.. I don;t think he has to have a winning record but he does need to get it more wins and play better as a team overall. 

I agree with a lot of what your saying but I truly think there are so many questions going into this year that this team could should a huge amount of improvement but finish with around the same schedule. 

I agree with most people that Burrow will take the snaps in Game 1, but i dont think he'll play any snaps in the pre-season and I think the only action in camp he'll get is throwing to receivers in camp to help get his timing down.  If this is what happens, then how many games does it take for Burrow to be comfortable with game speed, with defensive players diving at his legs, with getting hit in general?  

Then I think it's going to also take some time for the OL to get going because you don't implement a new scheme and expect to be the best running team/blocking team in the league.  Hell this team has a LONG way to go to become average.  So again how long does this take?  

Then with the defense, Lou has to show he can actually coach a defense.  He hasnt proven anything yet.  So how long does it take all these pieces to play together?  

Again, like i said in the beginning this team could be majorly improved but all these pieces they added aren't going to become comhesive overnight. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - TJ528 - 05-19-2021, 08:34 AM