Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-22-2021, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. Yet you want to completely ignore the fact that our starting QB was out for our 4 win 2008 season.  2. Or that the bad 2010 season was just one year after Marvin won NFL Coach of the Year by winning a division championship.

3. Our front office gave Marvin more slack than other teams would have because they recognized he was winning with less support in the scouting department and in free agency than any other coach in the league.

4. You know how pissed I was that Marvin was brought back after the 2017 season.  But He did more with less than any coach in the league while he was here.

1. We were 0-4 with Palmer in 2008, and Ryan Fitzpatrick was probably the best backup in the NFL. He wound up being a solid starter just 1 year later

2. Not ignoring that. That's part of the reason expectations were so high, but when you have SB aspirations and completely soil yourself on the way to 10...straight...losses...teams usually make heads roll after such disasters. Especially considering that 10-6 season looked like an anomaly looking at 2007 (7-9), 2008 (4-11-1), 2009 (10-6) and 2010 (4-12, 10 straight losses).

3. If our FO is "giving more slack" based on pity over their own frugality, that'd be hilariously sad. That said, it'd also prove my point, Freddo. The team is reluctant to move on with coaches, for whatever reason.

4. You seem to be offended that I brought Marv into this. So much so, that you're missing my overall point and just going into full blown Marv defense mode. I didn't hate Marvin Lewis. I think Marvin was a very good coach for a lot of years. Probably til the last 3 years, where he looked spent and was collecting checks.

That said, you'd have to be pretty dense not to see that there was several times where the Bengals would've been fully justified to fire him, based on results. Why are we even arguing about this? What I'm saying is 100% reasonable and based in reality.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - Shake n Blake - 05-22-2021, 12:24 PM