Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-23-2021, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: True, It just seems many look for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining in every situation. 

Not saying one is "better" than the other; I just cannot understand the mentality. 

Not every situation. Everyone on here has positive and negative views on certain things surrounding the team. I've been accused of being a homer countless times through the years, when I have a sunny take on something.

Some of us are just much more up front and bold with our stances when we see something wrong, and those people tend to get slapped with the hater label or something akin to that.

I don't understand the "pretend everything is fine" side, myself. I'm more of an "identify the problem and talk about how to solve it" kind of person, myself...even if there's really not much we can do as fans...but isn't that true of everything we discuss on here?

We have no impact on the draft, free agency, what player needs more PT, etc, but we discuss those things anyway.

Anyways...I do respect that not everyone thinks like I do, and there's a different type of fan on here. I don't agree with the everything is gonna be fine crowd, but I'm also not going to call them out and question their fandom. Which has constantly happened to the "haters" on this board during my 10 years.

Thankfully it's not as bad as the "hater vs homer" Denny days, but it still bubbles to the surface from time to time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - Shake n Blake - 05-23-2021, 09:10 PM