Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-23-2021, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: True, It just seems many look for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining in every situation. 

Not saying one is "better" than the other; I just cannot understand the mentality. 

I get that, and really the only form of optimism that bugs me is when people counter a logical argument that ZT or John Ross might not be good with the optimistic take that he is going to be awesome and make you look like a big ol' dummy for doubting him...of course if/when that person is wrong you can't give him grief because "HEY, he was just being an optimist and supporting the team...why don't you just root for the Steelers if you hate the Bengals so much!?"

Another odd, yet understandable form of optimism is the "replacement put-down" optimism.  Burrow is awesome, and even after 2 wins and an injury-plagued season he's leaps and bounds better than any QB we have had in the past 40 years.  Is that optimistic?  Trashing 40 years of Bengals football to praise a guy who could be praised for other reasons?  Is a Bengals fan saying that Bengals fans have had nearly 40 years of crappy/laid-back/wimpy/incompetent QB play?  That doesn't seem very optimistic to me.

It goes on...fandom is such a drug and I'm here for another hit.  So it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - Nately120 - 05-24-2021, 11:35 AM