Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson - The Dark Side Of Football
This was amazing. I 100% suggest watching it.. Chad couldn't get the playbook in college either, so TJ made hand signals up.. TJ really helped him all the way through...
https://youtu.be/AOwDRKfnnJU
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:54 AM)Tony Wrote: This was amazing. I 100% suggest watching it.. Chad couldn't get the playbook in college either, so TJ made hand signals up.. TJ really helped him all the way through...

Thanks for sharing!  Gonna watch it now.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:56 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thanks for sharing!  Gonna watch it now.

Let me know what you think asap!. I love Chad even more now if that's even possible....

cJ is the best reciever in Bengals history. Go on with that AJ bs....
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:54 AM)Tony Wrote: This was amazing. I 100% suggest watching it.. Chad couldn't get the playbook in college either, so TJ made hand signals up.. TJ really helped him all the way through...

(05-16-2021, 11:03 AM)Tony Wrote: Let me know what you think asap!. I love Chad even more now if that's even possible....

You're saying that Chad couldn't have succeded without TJ, but then stating that Chad was better than AJ who needed no one to help him succeed.  Am I reading this correctly?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting story and show, props to Housh, great guy and teammate!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 11:03 AM)Tony Wrote: Let me know what you think asap!. I love Chad even more now if that's even possible....

I agree with you, but I think most would say Isaac Curtis is Chad's main competition for the title, not AJ.  I'd give it to Chad no doubt, but it would be interesting to see Curtis play in the modern era.  He'd be even tougher to stop than he was in his time.  Different rules, different offensive emphasis.

Also, this looks great.
Reply/Quote
1) Chad Johnson
1A) Ja'Marr Chase (in about 7 to 10 seasons)
2) AJ Green
3) Isaac Curtis
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 11:21 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're saying that Chad couldn't have succeded without TJ, but then stating that Chad was better than AJ who needed no one to help him succeed.  Am I reading this correctly?

Chad played 3 years in JC and only got to play at Oregon St. because another WR lost their scholarship at the last minute. The coach instructed TJ to help Chad get up to speed.

So unless AJ didn't need coaching to help him succeed, you are not reading it correctly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

TJ tried helping Ross to no avail. 

TJ should come back to Cinci to coach.
Reply/Quote

I agree, AJ had an opportunity to surpass Chad and just faded away into oblivion.
Reply/Quote
Watched the show and it was good. Would have been great if they had cut out all the Jamele Hill parts
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I loved Chad as a Bengal. That ending with that butslap in the court room got to be one of the worst but slaps in history. I'm thinking all the hits over the middle while he was playing caused that behavior.
Reply/Quote

This was probably one of the best things I've watched recently.  Loved it.

It was great they had Marvin and TJ on there.  Believe it or not, I was actually really excited when Marvin first popped up.

The only thing that could have made this better (except for making it longer) was if they could have gotten Palmer on it.  I also would have loved to hear TO's thoughts.  With the other receivers featured (Plaxico, Braylon Edwards) I think it would have been cool to see what TO had to say about Chad.
Reply/Quote
K I love Chad but the AJ hate is ridiculous. Both should be appreciated. Both made the Bengals relevant during their times.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 01:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: K I love Chad but the AJ hate is ridiculous. Both should be appreciated. Both made the Bengals relevant during their times.

I'm not really seeing hate. People are simply stating they think Chad was better. Hands down, I agree. AJ was never dominant like Chad. That's not hating on AJ at all.
Reply/Quote
AJ absolutely was dominant. Not the last 3 years but before that he definitely was. He has 1 fewer TD in stripes than Chad while playing 24 fewer games here. AJ averaged 74 yards/gm here while Chad averaged 71 yards/gm. AJ had a slightly higher catch rate and I think most would argue Chad had the better QB throwing him the ball.

I love them both and they are two completely different types of WR’s. Both were Top 3 WR’s in their prime. Both were dominant. Both had great Bengals careers. I’d give the slight edge to AJ, but it’s incredibly close no matter which one you choose. Anyone saying this is a clear choice must not have watched or can’t remember both of them playing well enough.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 02:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: AJ absolutely was dominant. Not the last 3 years but before that he definitely was. He has 1 fewer TD in stripes than Chad while playing 24 fewer games here. AJ averaged 74 yards/gm here while Chad averaged 71 yards/gm. AJ had a slightly higher catch rate and I think most would argue Chad had the better QB throwing him the ball.

I love them both and they are two completely different types of WR’s. Both were Top 3 WR’s in their prime. Both were dominant. Both had great Bengals careers. I’d give the slight edge to AJ, but it’s incredibly close no matter which one you choose. Anyone saying this is a clear choice must not have watched or can’t remember both of them playing well enough.

It's not really AJ's fault, but Chad still played with remnants of a different era of offense and defense schemes and rules.

That, along with calling attention to himself continually by opposing defenses gives in my opinion the edge to Chad.

You can't just ignore those variables and his outstanding footwork & hand-fighting.

AJ had the build advantage and catch radius which would give him the edge for circus catches & jump balls.

BTW wasn't Chad putting up great numbers with Kitna throwing the ball and little to no TJ on the field?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 02:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: AJ absolutely was dominant. Not the last 3 years but before that he definitely was. He has 1 fewer TD in stripes than Chad while playing 24 fewer games here. AJ averaged 74 yards/gm here while Chad averaged 71 yards/gm. AJ had a slightly higher catch rate and I think most would argue Chad had the better QB throwing him the ball.

AJ has no 5 year stretch in his career that can compare with Chad. During a 5 year stretch, Chad's lowest ranking in yardage was 6th. He led the AFC in receiving yards 3 consecutive years.

Also, not saying you, people talk about how poor Dalton was and how his numbers were inflated by the league being more pass happy. Obviously that would also benefit AJ.

Chad was without a doubt a top 3 WR in his prime. AJ was a top 10, maybe top 5. Again, not knocking AJ at all. He's an all-time great Bengal. Chad was definitely better though. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: TJ tried helping Ross to no avail. 

TJ should come back to Cinci to coach.

I'd love it if he were to return in some capacity... He's sharp and has an edge to him. He'd add a ton to our staff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 03:03 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: AJ has no 5 year stretch in his career that can compare with Chad. During a 5 year stretch, Chad's lowest ranking in yardage was 6th. He led the AFC in receiving yards 3 consecutive years.

Also, not saying you, people talk about how poor Dalton was and how his numbers were inflated by the league being more pass happy. Obviously that would also benefit AJ.

Chad was without a doubt a top 3 WR in his prime. AJ was a top 10, maybe top 5. Again, not knocking AJ at all. He's an all-time great Bengal. Chad was definitely better though. 

I'd say it's a push and I see no point in debating which was better... Not that I have a problem with others doing it... But was Chad better than TO, Moss, and Boldin? They all overlapped... Chad definitely ran the AFC at that time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote